Post by Benny » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:59 pm

Just saving money for F-18!!!. So probably 2 months :(

Matt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Sqn Cdr

Re: ACG: Fast Movers edition

Post by Matt » Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:55 pm

going to purchase the F15, anyone about to give me a quick run through once purchased

Sharpe

Post by Sharpe » Sun Dec 09, 2018 11:07 pm

Could do, I'm not the best though - the people of YT have some good vids.
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel - to the last beat of the heart.

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:38 pm

Matt wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:55 pm
going to purchase the F15, anyone about to give me a quick run through once purchased
If getting the F15 Matt, are you buying the Flaming Cliffs package? https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... _cliffs_3/
You get more aircraft then...

Also, this little A4 Skyhawk looks like a great FREE addition to all our flight hangars...

We could do some great 'Falklands' style missions, with attacking Skyhawks and defending Harriers...
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... q_gvjdoOz2

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:18 pm

Ha ha.... awesome!

A genuine ACG Falklands Campaign.... now THAT is something to get excited about! :D

BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:47 am

BlackDog wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:18 pm
Ha ha.... awesome!

A genuine ACG Falklands Campaign.... now THAT is something to get excited about! :D

BD
Damn right! Harrier FA1 or GR3s, that would be brilliant but far more difficult to fly than the AV8B. The last ever recorded dogfight was in the FI! The scope for an ACG day by day campaign is huge. The possibilities are endless. Loads of references and detail. This could be truly amazing. Anti shipping, ground attack, air to air, heli ops in loads of roles, carrier ops. Not a mythical East vs West conflict. A real two sided fight and such a close thing. And I know the ground, have walked most of the battles and kayaked Buff Cove and San Carlos Water. Count me in on this one, fuck the VVS. What’s the bet it gets off the ground and into release before TF5 (sorry Bonks)?

I am really excited about this! As you can probably tell.
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:51 am

Maltloaf wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:47 am
The scope for an ACG day by day campaign is huge. The possibilities are endless. Loads of references and detail. This could be truly amazing.
Good luck teaching hundred something ACG members how to operate a full fidelity jet. I'd love to fly a large multiplayer campaign set in Serbia, Falklands or even Afghanistan but unless we use Ace Combat as a platform that would've never worked. Shame :/

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:12 am

The numbers in the air were very small, the UK only had 20 (later +8) jets and never that number in the air. The Argentine numbers were greater but the raids were small. There were only 400 something sorties by the Argentines over the two and a bit months. Not sure what the largest raid was but will find out.

How many can DCS take?
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:25 am

Maltloaf wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:12 am
The numbers in the air were very small, the UK only had 20 (later +8) jets and never that number in the air. The Argentine numbers were greater but the raids were small. There were only 400 something sorties by the Argentines over the two and a bit months. Not sure what the largest raid was but will find out.

How many can DCS take?
It depends on how many ground objects are present, but it can reliably take 40+ human controlled pilots. Possibly more now that they're experimenting with dedicated servers.
That being said none of the assets or aircraft needed to recreate Falkies war are in the game yet, but once they are (in anywhere from 2-5 years), I'm game.