ACG: Fast Movers edition

Dedicated to getting the WWII DCS airbourne

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Digby

Re: ACG: Fast Movers edition

Post by Digby » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:26 pm

Maltloaf wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:32 am
I doubt there was ever more than 40 ac in the air at any time including helios and C130s. For those into X Plane you could even do the Black Buck raids with the Just Flight Vulcans at the appropriate time. Now that would be a long haul!
I'd love to simulate that with you real time! Would certainly be a challenge to nav using only ADF and VOR. Nonetheless, we could cheat and use the default GPS to load a fixed route and follow that of course. :D

I may even dabble with the idea of trying to fly a "Cross the Pond" VATSIM event with the Vulcan - just to see how much I can annoy all the controllers when I report the need for radar vectors for absolutely everything! :lol:

Sharpe

Post by Sharpe » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:49 pm

To do it properly you need to turn a map of the northern hemisphere upside down and use that to navigate :lol:
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel - to the last beat of the heart.

Digby

Post by Digby » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:05 pm

Sharpe wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:49 pm
To do it properly you need to turn a map of the northern hemisphere upside down and use that to navigate :lol:
Hahahah :D

Apparently they are looking at adding an INS to the Vulcan, which will be vital for long distance nav over the ocean. Looks promisig!

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Post by Maltloaf » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:37 am

There use to be a sextant mod for FSX!
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"