ACG: Fast Movers edition

Dedicated to getting the WWII DCS airbourne

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Maltloaf
Location: Salisbury Plain, birthplace of British military aviation.

Re: ACG: Fast Movers edition

Post by Maltloaf » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:32 am

Yep, I know I am getting excited early but it could be a real blast. It was a bit like the BoB in so much as it was very defined, very well documented and small enough to be able to fight the entire battle, piece by piece in almost real time.

I doubt there was ever more than 40 ac in the air at any time including helios and C130s. For those into X Plane you could even do the Black Buck raids with the Just Flight Vulcans at the appropriate time. Now that would be a long haul!
"I have never once lost my gratitude for those who were the sentinels and held the line between tyranny and civilisation"

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:48 pm

I think a solution for this could be to include flight training and combat preparations into the campaign. Like that one could include those that have limited time for flying and are mainly flying on Sunday. I think it's all a question of how well one can balance it.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Guido

Post by Guido » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:44 pm

I've downloaded 2.5 beta and that seems to run OK - I was concerned my system wouldn't cope but looks pretty smooth bumbling around in a SU-25 on the low to medium settings.

So, if I've been good this year I'll be asking Santa for FC3, and the F-15 in particular, and hope to join you after Christmas :D

Guido

Matt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Sqn Cdr

Post by Matt » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:07 pm

BlackDog wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:38 pm
Matt wrote:
Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:55 pm
going to purchase the F15, anyone about to give me a quick run through once purchased
If getting the F15 Matt, are you buying the Flaming Cliffs package? https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... _cliffs_3/
You get more aircraft then...

Also, this little A4 Skyhawk looks like a great FREE addition to all our flight hangars...

We could do some great 'Falklands' style missions, with attacking Skyhawks and defending Harriers...
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... q_gvjdoOz2

:salute:
BD
the F15 is all i can stretch to at the moment..... :cry:

Benny

Post by Benny » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:00 pm

Just got F-15 so meanwhile im waiting for some money to get F-18 im gonna fly this.

Miek

Post by Miek » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:43 am

I have most of the aircraft in DCS at this point (though I'm only a fledgling at many of them). I think the F15 will entertain you greatly. It was loads of fun to fly when I first got into DCS.

The F5E was probably my favorite full fidelity jet to date, with the F86 and M2000C running up real close behind. I just never really learned the Mirage to its full capacity.

A Falklands campaign would be fun, but I would not trust that company to fulfill its promises in a timely manner. Razbam still hasn't finished the Harrier and the idea they would still somehow pull ANOTHER version of the harrier into flight status is... questionable.

Just my 2 cents to temper your enthusiasm accordingly. Unlike the IL2 developers, DCS creators takes ages to do anything.

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:19 pm

I think like the F22 mod (reskinned F15) a basic Harrier re-skin to have an FRS1 or GR3 outer shell could be done relatively quickly.

A4 Skyhawk already exists.. Mirage could be remodelled for time period Mirage and they are working on the Pucara and Super Entendard... we have the Gazelle and maybe A Sea King would be a good addition but with a decent map we are not far off something that could be worked.. but suspect a Balkan battle would be easiest to replicate first.
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Django

Post by Django » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:26 am

I'm a newbie to DCS. I have FC3. Should I invest in any other terrains or modules?

Sharpe

Post by Sharpe » Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:20 pm

Give the FC planes a bash and if you enjoy them then yes invest in a full fidelity module. Terrains aren't really used in MP. If there's a wad of cash burning a hole in your pocket, Hornet and Persian Gulf is a good buy.
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel - to the last beat of the heart.

Javelina

Post by Javelina » Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:28 pm

would be interested in flying the A-4-C in a Falklands thingy... I own all the DCS mods, and am proficient with the Bug and the Harrier, and MiG-21.... :-)
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850P2 PSU, PointCTRL