Coopes
Major
Major
ACG Board
contributor

DCS Squadron

Post by Coopes » Tue Feb 21, 2023 6:44 pm

Hello ACG

I am just throwing this out there to any that may be interested.

I run a little DCS side hustle. It started initially jets but my love of the WW2 warbirds and the experience flying them in DCS is unmatched. So we kinda do both.
For the jets we are geared up towards bing capable to operate in one of the toughest multiplayer environments.
Generally we are geared towards naval ops flying the Hornet. But any NATO jet can be accommodated.
For the warbirds we have a mix of favs. I own them all, love them all, and will fly them all.
You don’t have to be interested in both, we have some that just like the warbirds.

This is the important part though. We try to run the ops semi hardcore using SRS and trying to do all the basics at a good standard.
If you are after a casual flying experience, this is not the place for you. If you want to try and experience being a pilot and doing pilot shit with discipline, then you may like the experience.

If you are interested you can post here or bang me a PM n discord and I will send an invite. And let me know what you are interested in.

:salute:

Drifter

Re: DCS Squadron

Post by Drifter » Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:44 am

Do y’all do OPFOR Cold War? If so I’d be interested

“And like no other sculpture in the history of art, the dead engine and dead airframe come to life at the touch of a human hand, and join their life with the pilot's own.”
― Richard Bach, A Gift Of Wings

Coopes
Major
Major
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Coopes » Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:28 am

Nope. Blue Flag. Modern.

Drifter

Post by Drifter » Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:57 pm

:suicide:

“And like no other sculpture in the history of art, the dead engine and dead airframe come to life at the touch of a human hand, and join their life with the pilot's own.”
― Richard Bach, A Gift Of Wings

Mike
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Mike » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:12 pm

What would you're usual timetable ?

Coopes
Major
Major
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Coopes » Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:32 pm

Evenings GMT. Nothing in concrete. We through up a mission planning post, and who wants in flys.

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:21 pm

Count me in for Jets. I can F-16 SEAD, bombing, or A2A, F-15C Fighter CAP and some A-10 mud work. I think it could be good to have a combined Navy and Air Force units working together to be successful if we can get enough numbers

As for warbirds, I love the Luftwaffe...K4 primary or A8

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal

Saintt
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Saintt » Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:52 am

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Sat Mar 11, 2023 2:22 pm

Man, you guys are really making it tempting for me to take the dive into DCS. But I know it will be tough on my PC.
If I did, I would first want to try ww2 prop birds and then if my pc can handle that, go Korean war jets. Not too interested in modern stuff or helos.
I know it will be going back to like when I first started and learning for the first time. Right now I'm just the kid looking in at the chain link fence, dreaming about it.