Wil join in p47 or p51

Steel
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant
ACG Board
contributor

Re: WW2 DCS mission: D-Day

Post by Steel » Sun May 07, 2023 7:56 pm

Well, I think what we can learn from this was that the wake turbulence has to be switched off, we were discussing this last time. It's known to be heavy on the CPU resources. Maybe too many ground units and ground fire as well, I'm all for detailing, but some guys were reporting poor performance, not me this time though.

At Tangmere we had aircraft sliding about up and down as soon as the messages came about the ships firing at the beach. When we all converged over the beach planes were warping all over the place. Was nice to see so many Thunderbolts at once though, maybe we can redo it after some fine tuning.

Management by perkele

Muddy
Major
Major
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Muddy » Sun May 07, 2023 8:14 pm

ST / Full Normandy / VR. Lag and rubber banding at Airfield. Rubber banding on transit. FPS Drop (<20) at target, massive lag on bandits (warping) during engagement.
AMD 5800X3D || PNY RTX4080 16GB || 64GB DDR4 3600 || PICO 4
VPC Warbird-d / Constellation Alpha || VPC CM3 + BLACK SHARK PANEL || MFG CROSSWIND

Storyteller

Post by Storyteller » Sun May 07, 2023 9:08 pm

Even Persona and I lagged at Triqueville, but it was only just the two of us spawning there. After a minute or so the rubber banding vanished ... for the moment.

Over the beaches we didn't have any performance issues. My FPS were stable between 40 and 50.

The rubber banding just returned when the Thunderbolts and Spitfires approached the beaches in number.

Later at Le Havre and west of it we encountered 3 Spitfires with about 4-5 109s and 190s and for me everything went smooth.

I use the MT Beta and own the Normandy 2.0 map.
"The engine's overheating and so am I. Either we stand down or blow up. Now which do you want?"
Squadron Leader Canfield

Kubo
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Kubo » Sun May 07, 2023 10:06 pm

No multithread/ Normandy 2.0/no VR.
Airplanes bouncing on spawn, lagging/warping until over channel. One server disconnect mid flight (Coopes). After ground attack when 109 appeared a lot of warping (unplayable). Returning to England game got stable again.

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Mon May 08, 2023 9:29 am

The early flight of Mossie's had some rubber banding on spawn in , after that it wasn't to bad until we got near the French coast and the rest of the pilots started spawning , after that I was getting rubber banding all the way in. Flying the Spit was hit and miss with it warping for a while then being stable, this happened when I was on my own and in contact.
I was running VR.
I'am with Steel on this with wake turbulence and the amount of ground objects in the mission being a potential issue. Moving forward the next test should be just a empty map , No custom skins etc and take small steps adding stuff as we go.
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Joghurt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer

Post by Joghurt » Mon May 08, 2023 11:44 am

MT/Normandy 2.0/flatscreen
Spawn was fine in most cases. Some planes went floating. When ships started to fire at the beaches the performance dropped.
While transitioning towards French coast for me everything was fine.
The attack on the ground targets went smooth as well.
Only as the LW arrived and the AA for both sides fired everything they had the massive rubber banding occurred.
Our way back went smooth for me again till save on the ground.

Kit Pepper
Leutnant
Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Post by Kit Pepper » Mon May 08, 2023 2:02 pm

Most of my problems were of my own doing, not being real comfortable in DCS to begin with. I blew up on the first spawn when someone rubber banded into a group of parked AC. Then had a hard time getting back on the server. By the time I got airborne most everyone was gone. The game was ok, but not terribly smooth. In the end I flew like shit and killed myself a couple of times. That was enough for me.

Orb
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer
Staff
contributor

Post by Orb » Mon May 08, 2023 5:38 pm

ST / Normandy 2.0 / Steam VR

Only noticed the lag when I got near another aircraft. Jumped about so bad at times I thought I was going to fly into him.

Any chance we could have more than 4 UK ground spawn points for spits? Potentially a great mission if we could iron out performance issues :)