DCS: NORMANDY RELEASE 26.5.2017

Dedicated to getting the WWII DCS airbourne

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Archangel

Re: DCS: NORMANDY RELEASE 26.5.2017

Post by Archangel » Sat May 27, 2017 8:59 am

Atreides wrote:
Johnny wrote:I cant seem to install the map and assets pack on the module manager even though the simbol for it shows on the bottom with all the other simbols like the P51 etc. BTW It is updated to 2.1.

Any help would be much appreciated, Johnny :salute:
Elos walked me through this :B:
Look here https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030 at how to use cmd to get to the Bin folder of your DCS 2.1/DCS World 2 open alpha folder.

Then enter in that cmd window the follwing:
dcs_updater.exe install NORMANDY_terrain

This will download and install the Normandy map. Depending on the torrent situation the download can take from half an hour to many hours. Afterwards start DCS 2.1/DCS World 2 open alpha and enter your Normandy serial key via the module manager.

Now use cmd to enter in that same bin folder:
dcs_updater.exe install WWII-ARMOUR

This will dowload and install the asset pack. When you first open DCS 2.1/DCS World 2 open alpha hereafter you will be automatically prompted to enter the serial key.

Afterwards, get in a plane and enjoy the awesome scenery :nice:
In addition to this solution there is another useful tool that readers may not be aware of. I came across this today as a result of the problems listed above. This is The DCS Updater GUI Utility https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=160053. All you need is in one place... It turned out to be the perfect general solution to all of my historic problems with DCS releases...

I recommend you try it out and see if it suits your needs.

Good luck all.

Archangel
"Never argue with an idiot - they only drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience" (Unknown)

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Sat May 27, 2017 9:04 am

looks like garbo honestly

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Archangel

Post by Archangel » Sat May 27, 2017 9:46 am

Kildren wrote:looks like garbo honestly
1. Have you tried it?
2. Take the time to look under the hood.... HD graphics is not always what it is about.
3. It works for me.... I guess you cannot make everybody though.
"Never argue with an idiot - they only drag you down to their level and then beat you on experience" (Unknown)

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Sat May 27, 2017 10:18 am

He is probably just trolling Archangel, he just posts shit half the time for a reaction

DaHeld

Post by DaHeld » Sat May 27, 2017 10:22 am

It now seems to work normally, so you don't need the workaround any more, you can now just use the Module Manager, aat least for the Assets pack....

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Sat May 27, 2017 11:20 am

Atreides wrote:My first impressions. Enjoy :)
Great watch Atreides - thanks for making it :nice:

As a side note, if you're interested in the Pointe du Hoc event, check out this site http://www.maisybattery.com/the-longest-day

We visited the Maisy Battery a couple of years ago and there's light being shed on the whole Pointe du Hoc assault and possibly some ulterior reasoning behind why that assault happened to be filmed. The whole Maisy Battery website is fascinating - I spoke to the son of the historian who theorised its location and, by gradually buying up parcels of land in the area he thought it was located, did actually uncover the battery that had been filled in by the Rangers themselves, with express orders to mention it to no one. When I was there, there were still more buildinsgs to be dug up - they were beautifully intact, the only graffiti was that of German soldiers from WW2. They also recovered bodies of Germans who'd lain there since the assault and were buried along with the buildings.

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Woop

Post by Woop » Sat May 27, 2017 11:52 am

All downloaded since this morning, haven't been able to load in yet. :veryangry: Never ending loading on MP. Ridiculous.

Redeye

Post by Redeye » Sat May 27, 2017 12:24 pm

Are you able to launch singleplayer?

If not- you need to:
1. Download latest GPU drivers (That prevented launch for me)
2. Failing that- run a repair.
3. If singleplayer works- MP should work, as long as you don't run any mods preventing you from joining.

Ginger
Wing Commander
Wing Commander
ACG Board
contributor
Location: The centre of the known universe Nottingham, England

Post by Ginger » Sat May 27, 2017 12:41 pm

Kildren wrote:looks like garbo honestly
This sort of Garbo! I don't mind.
DEAD PILOTS DONT MAKE CLAIMS

Woop

Post by Woop » Sat May 27, 2017 12:50 pm

Redeye wrote:Are you able to launch singleplayer?

If not- you need to:
1. Download latest GPU drivers (That prevented launch for me)
2. Failing that- run a repair.
3. If singleplayer works- MP should work, as long as you don't run any mods preventing you from joining.
Updated gpu drivers (which ruined CloD) and still nothing... Must be that windows update I deleted to make CloD work without crashing every 5 mins.

Bugger.

Bugger.