Trouble with the updater - failure to receive data

Dedicated to getting the WWII DCS airbourne

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Onebad

Trouble with the updater - failure to receive data

Post by Onebad » Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:17 pm

Since the last patch I have trouble running the updater, and cannot install the Persian Gulf (F/A 18 has installed properly)

The error looks something like this:

I run the game, it runs the updater, the updater crashes with the message "Failure when receiving data from the peer" (I'll include the logs in the attachments)
It prevents me from installing the Persian Gulf map as well, as when I try to connect to the servers to download it I'm greeted with the same message.
I tried running the repair, but the repairer needs to connect to the servers, which it obviously can't and I'm greeted with the same message again.

I tried disabling router firewall, Windows Defender and Avast, but to no avail. It seems like it might be on my side, but after trying out disabling all the firewalls I'm not even sure actually.

Also, I didn't change/download anything since Wednesday, back when it worked properly and I was able to install the Hornet.

Log:
00000.018 STATUS: Connecting to update servers...
00019.224 ERROR: Conection to server 'www.digitalcombatsimulator.com' failed: Failure when receiving data from the peer
00019.224 ERROR: www.digitalcombatsimulator.com replied HTTP -1
00019.224 ERROR: Failure when receiving data from the peer
00042.781 === Log closed.

Pls halp

Kerdou

Re: Trouble with the updater - failure to receive data

Post by Kerdou » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:07 pm

Maybe using "DCS_Updater.exe repair" on the command prompt might help.