Il2 1946 brand new C.U.P Super modpack Single Player Only!!

She's getting on in the years now, but we still like to jump in the saddle occasionally.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Geordie

Re: Il2 1946 brand new C.U.P (Monty) Super modpack

Post by Geordie » Thu May 28, 2015 9:14 am

I'm putting together a on-line campaign in 1946 (HSFX Mods only) for the USN. Any of you guys be interested?
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu May 28, 2015 11:21 am

I think what we need is individual missions, co-op style, where we can explore the variety of 1946. One week Mossies, the next Fw190 on the East Front, next Zero's, then P-40's in Malaya in a thunderstorm, then nightfighting Bf110's over Germany, then Corsairs operating off a moving carrier. Not in that order, but something that is different every week. 1946's strength is that variety and if you don't use that variety you will struggle to get decent numbers for a campaign. Some of these things will require an hour or so of training before the mission (eg carrier traps)

I could do with someone picking this up tbh, making it a Saturday night event, something where ACG mix together in versus the fantastic AI which 1946 has.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu May 28, 2015 12:01 pm

I'll happily pick that up Osprey. I know Wolf is rather good with the mission editor on 1946 as well. I'll ask if he's interested.

In regards to running a server are we able to use yours for this or do you know if there's a way to create one on an adhoc basis.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Thu May 28, 2015 1:23 pm

Javelina, I recall one of my early COOP mission-building efforts wherein I tried my hand at recreating the American counter strike at Midway. I have to say it was quite real, but only in the aspect of guys getting bored with the long flight, and some running out of fuel on the way! LOL!! I'd made the distance to the Japanese fleet WAAAYYYYYY too long, and most guys had chosen to take 25% fuel! We never got to those Japanese carriers in that mission. WIldcats and Dauntlesses. IL2-Sturmovik back in the
day was great for carrier missions. Just don't forget to give the carriers a decent speed to aid take-off, or it can be really really hard to stay out of the water. ;) Fond memories for sure.
Flyby out
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu May 28, 2015 3:25 pm

Geordie wrote:I'll happily pick that up Osprey. I know Wolf is rather good with the mission editor on 1946 as well. I'll ask if he's interested.

In regards to running a server are we able to use yours for this or do you know if there's a way to create one on an adhoc basis.
You can run it through Hyperlobby but obviously you'd need a bit of bandwidth, I don't know what you have up and down.

No need to build missions, there are bloody thousands online which you could take and modify as necessary. FMB in 46 is very much like the FMB in COD.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu May 28, 2015 3:29 pm

Osprey wrote:
Geordie wrote:I'll happily pick that up Osprey. I know Wolf is rather good with the mission editor on 1946 as well. I'll ask if he's interested.

You can run it through Hyperlobby but obviously you'd need a bit of bandwidth, I don't know what you have up and down.

No need to build missions, there are bloody thousands online which you could take and modify as necessary. FMB in 46 is very much like the FMB in COD.

I've got 4 up and 50 down at the moment.

I'll have a look on mission for today. I'll need some people to help me test this out on Friday/Saturday if anyone is interested?

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Thu May 28, 2015 3:32 pm

I found my old Pacific COOPs. Have a look, take a spin and change as you like.
Flyby out
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu May 28, 2015 3:46 pm

There's a start. And 4 up will be plenty for the numbers we'd expect. On a Saturday night/afternoon, 1946 I would imagine no more than 20 pilots even if everyone turned up.

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Thu May 28, 2015 5:22 pm

Certainly interested, would love to get more out of '46
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Pariah

Post by Pariah » Thu May 28, 2015 5:24 pm

I wish I could map my controls in '46 then I'd be up for this. Oh, I suppose I'd need a joystick though. :(