Mission Builders Needed

She's getting on in the years now, but we still like to jump in the saddle occasionally.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Geordie

Re: Mission Builders Needed

Post by Geordie » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:36 pm

We're not too brothered about accuracy it's just more about fun. I made a Spanish Civil War mission last night.

I think you can get 60 players into a server on 1946. At least that's what the max spaces on servers for HyperLobby is. I may have seen 100?
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:51 pm

I have the bombing of darwin I believe

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:54 pm

What is the limit including AI though, does anybody know? with the lower player numbers that these events would have there is a chance to really bulk up the AI.

I hope to build something at some point but of course my campaign commitments come first - but it would be useful to know what can be thrown at the old girl in terms of numbers.

StG77_CountZero

Post by StG77_CountZero » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:18 pm

Boyezee wrote:What is the limit including AI though, does anybody know? with the lower player numbers that these events would have there is a chance to really bulk up the AI.

I hope to build something at some point but of course my campaign commitments come first - but it would be useful to know what can be thrown at the old girl in terms of numbers.
Hi

I played it on DF servers, with 90-100 players and good number ( 3000+ ) of ground activity and targets with no problems on Aces over Europe and Aces over Pacific servers, and some maps had 20-40AI aditional, that was a year ago when players were still active every weekend, before they went shortly to CloD and now i see them in BoS servers.

Also SEOW campaigns i played that are in coop mode, i played with 120 airplanes, 60-80 humans + rest AIs, but with good number of moving ground units ( 50 columns of tanks or vhiacles per side, and 40 moving ships per side ) and static units ( 3000-4000) so number of airplanes was smaller then it can be on simpler missions.

Also dont spawn more then 4-8 AI airplanes in same time it can case lag at moment when they show up in big numbers, i usealy dont start them with delays, so they load when mission starts or if i delay them i make flights to spawn on differant times to avoid having 20 or more of AIs just apear at same time and make lag for players.

Where you will encounter problems is with ships, if its to many of them then it will work bad, and when you for example have big ships that have 80+guns in some battle it will kill FPS, also when you have some big ground battles. But it all depends on how strong is host PC and net.

Also every Friday and Sunday i play AKA squad Korea campaign on HSFX 7.03, 3h long DF type mission, with 50-60AIs apeearing on 45min intervals on both side, but its only 7-10 human players per side. 40-60 moving tanks per side. with good number of ground units.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:36 pm

Excellent, that's great, thank you for the detailed answer :nice:

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:00 pm

Yeah time to get '46 running again!

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:12 pm

I'm slowly creating small missions with slots for 12-20 players and it's working quite well. I'm learning how to use the FMB to it's full potential but I'm getting there. :D
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst