Mods + Add-on discussion

She's getting on in the years now, but we still like to jump in the saddle occasionally.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Geordie

Mods + Add-on discussion

Post by Geordie » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:18 pm

With the event up and running I thought I'd start up a little discussion about what mods or add-on's we can use in the future.

Due to my interest with the Spanish Civil War I came across this

http://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php?topic=31973.0

I might give it a try over the weekend as it is activated with JSGME so it can't do any harm.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Kildren

Re: Mods + Add-on discussion

Post by Kildren » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:30 pm

ehhhh nahhhhhh

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:42 pm

Whist it is a decent mod it'll only work for Dark Blue World (aka single player modpack).

I'd rather go on Mission4today and pick up a bunch of skins from the SCW (there are allot of them). Plus some SCW planes already exists thats from that modpack you linked.

But if you find Single aircraft mods like the Lancaster mod i'm sure it would do no long term harm to throw a couple of machines into JSGME. Bear in mind, this all coming from someone who has experience with DarkBlueWorld and no experience with multiplayer HSFX
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

Sprite

Post by Sprite » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:12 am

I haven't been around much but I expect my schedule to change and be able to take part in the 1946 campaigns more within the next month or so.

But to echo Jammy about the aircraft paint schemes, there are so many custom skin packs, it would be cool to get historical skins. Say if we were doing a Rabaul mission or something we can get theater specific skins. Do we already have something in place like that?

Sprite

Post by Sprite » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:06 pm

I just got VP modpack up and running, it looks good. Easy to install and uses DBW. I've seen some youtube videos where they are using it online, might be worth looking into as opposed to hsfx

Luke

Post by Luke » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:04 am

Just had a look at the VP Modpack and it looks pretty good. Might give it a download.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:52 pm

What's the difference? Is there gap analysis I can look at?

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:53 am

DBW isn't meant to run online unlike HSFX. It can be set up and ran however, I'm not sure how well it runs. Like Dickie said what does it add?
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Rowns

Post by Rowns » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:00 am

If we gonna play online can't we just use HSFX?

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:05 pm

Exactly. And check the post from Snafu, if he has scenarios we're good to go. No more waiting around until the end of time for Geordies bullshit :D