Hopping back in the saddle for some retro fun?

She's getting on in the years now, but we still like to jump in the saddle occasionally.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Spectre

Hopping back in the saddle for some retro fun?

Post by Spectre » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:41 am

So whilst cleaning up the computer I noticed that I couldn't bring myself to delete good 'ol 1946, I dont know if its just the endless fun I have had with it or the lack of ever playing it with a massive group like I always wanted too.

So I was wondering if there was any chance we could get some ACG action going on in it? Maybe loading up some historical missions and having some fun doing what we can't with CloD.

I'd love to maybe do some massive bomber crews or pacific theatre type stuff but again I would love nothing more than to just play the game!

Thoughts?
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Dots

Re: Hopping back in the saddle for some retro fun?

Post by Dots » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:47 am

Hmmm I kick the idea around every now and then but at the end I had more fun modding il2 than actually playing it.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:51 am

Well we had some partial success on Saturday evenings but it petered out

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:17 am

Like Dickie said we used to fly IL-2 on Saturday evenings but due to work commitments I couldn't host anymore and it stopped. I still have loads of missions which I'll get uploaded to the Mediafire account if they're not already. I'll also look at updating the IL-2 guide in regards to hosting a server if people are interested.

I'm still not able to fly until February sadly.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Woekie

Post by Woekie » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:54 pm

Well, i also had the same plan.
i just installed cup mod and my god it's awesome, graphics and plane wise (link:https://www.sas1946.com/main/index.php/ ... 647.0.html ). it's a huge mod that adds tons of features, planes, effects,theaters and what not. it bassically ads the best from all the mods out there. after December 2016 they updated the mod and made it a lot easier to install. all you have to do now is download the files. extract them in te right order and put them in de il2 root folder. just follow the steps they give you and be very precise during the install.
I can make and host missions if people want to fly it. just tell me what theater you want and i'll make it. also if anybody needs any guidance installing this mod or getting the hyperlobby multiplayer program to work feel free to add me on steam or write a pm message and i'll help you.
i already have a battle of Burma mission ready and i am working on a battle of france (with actual french planes), a battle of new guinea and a battle of the Marianas mission. i hope people are up for flying this.... :hi:

Miki

Post by Miki » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:32 pm

C.U.P is B.A.T now, right ?

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:31 pm

I dont mind it being a few guys only, if it comes down to a group of five im still super interested in finally playing it cooperatively.
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:27 pm

I'll try CUP again. I was wanting to try the jet stuff on it.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:17 pm

FUCK CUP!

I've spent all day downloading and following the guide and it still doesn't work. Easier my arse!

Woekie

Post by Woekie » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:48 pm

oh, well that's a bit of a problem isn't it....
is it only the jet's that don't work or doesn't it work in general.
And if so do you get crashes or doesn't the quick mission builder work or something?
this must be very frustrating cause it's a lot of work to install and if it doesn't work.. well... :cry:
if you still want it to work than pm me or add me on steam and i'll try to help you via teamspeak.