Testing IL2 1946

She's getting on in the years now, but we still like to jump in the saddle occasionally.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Rowns

Re: Testing IL2 1946

Post by Rowns » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:19 am

Those people that I know have IL 46 installed, have also BAT installed.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:21 am

Like I said before Rowns. Bat is unreasonable for some people to install. It's over 30GB in size and ads a lot of things the group won't use (Jets, WW1, etc)
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Vukac
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Vukac » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:34 am

Rowns wrote:Those people that I know have IL 46 installed, have also BAT installed.
I have installed BAT, 4.13.2 and HSFS 703 :salute:
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:21 pm

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH well its fine the only people who wouldn't really like it are people who believe graphics are the only thing that make a good game

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:32 pm

Geordie wrote:
Dickie wrote:Yeah but you always say shit like this then actually do fuck all.
Despite the fact I've been making missions quietly and now have a back-log? I haven't told anyone I've been doing it so I'm not bothered by people asking "When's a mission going to be ready..." I like to take my time. :wank:

When's a mission going to be ready...? :lol: :popcorn:

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:37 pm

Broadsword wrote:Does the lure of variety make up for its undoubted deficiencies and decrepitude? That kind of thing.
A bit like 501 really :D

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:50 pm

Dickie wrote:
Geordie wrote:
Dickie wrote:Yeah but you always say shit like this then actually do fuck all.
Despite the fact I've been making missions quietly and now have a back-log? I haven't told anyone I've been doing it so I'm not bothered by people asking "When's a mission going to be ready..." I like to take my time. :wank:

When's a mission going to be ready...? :lol: :popcorn:
Read the first sentence again... I have a back-log...
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:24 pm

Kildren wrote:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH well its fine the only people who wouldn't really like it are people who believe graphics are the only thing that make a good game
a) Opinion, just like Geordie's opinion. And there are plenty of opposite opinions out there, hence wanting to test this out (note that "Is 1946 any good?" is a different question to "Is 1946 any fun for flying missions with my mates?"). For what it's worth, I expect it will be fine, but then again I expected to like Fallout 4 as well.

b) I've heard people talking about problems with flight models as well, so clearly for some people there's more to it than graphics. So some sort of test is in order. Again, I personally expect to have fun, but I'm keeping an open mind :D
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:40 pm

Broadsword wrote:
Kildren wrote:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH well its fine the only people who wouldn't really like it are people who believe graphics are the only thing that make a good game
a) Opinion, just like Geordie's opinion. And there are plenty of opposite opinions out there, hence wanting to test this out (note that "Is 1946 any good?" is a different question to "Is 1946 any fun for flying missions with my mates?"). For what it's worth, I expect it will be fine, but then again I expected to like Fallout 4 as well.

b) I've heard people talking about problems with flight models as well, so clearly for some people there's more to it than graphics. So some sort of test is in order. Again, I personally expect to have fun, but I'm keeping an open mind :D
You didn't like Fallout 4!? What's wrong with you!

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:14 pm

We're all different Geordie, that's kind of my point.

As for Fallout 4, it disappointed me so I decided to shelve it. Life's too short...
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.