Testing IL2 1946

She's getting on in the years now, but we still like to jump in the saddle occasionally.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Secu
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Staff

Re: Testing IL2 1946

Post by Secu » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:41 am

We will see if we test it Thursday, I made a mission with 12 planes, 8 Typhoons and 4 Spit IX. It's only a test one without any briefing and little action and I will host, don't forget your Hyperlobby acount and check your 7.0.3 version.
It will be a test so be prepared to have faillures, I deliberatly put lots of objects and backgrounds.
mportant in order to get one with the eye candy
I notice while testing my mission, more objects you have, even static ones, longer is to load the mission and I experienced some little freeze. I'have an average + computer and GC, I think it's the game doesn't use all my resources.
For eye candy we can make beautiffull and immersive scene with the editor, but I'm afraid that it will suffer problems if we have too much objects.
Choosing the map
I have the "malta Spitfire aces" from Osprey, I will try to do a mission about the first Spitfire's action on 10th march 1942. I don't know how many time it will take...

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:11 pm

Is there a simple step by step to getting HSFX set up for total newcomers, even down to installing IL2 1946 from Steam?

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:17 pm

HSFX was simpler to install than BAT. The short version is...

Install IL2 946 on Steam
Download and install the 4.12.2 megapatch (same thing you had to install for BAT, so hopefully you didn't delete it)
Download and install HSFX v 7.0 (I think the whole download is ten files, you can get it as a torrent if you need to)
Download and install HSFX7.0 to 7.03 (forget the 7.0 autoupdater, it doesn't seem to work anymore so the patch is the way to go)
Go to your IL2-1946 folder in steam, run JSGME.exe, activate 'HSFX history mod' then close JSGME
Launch IL2 1946, set your video settings as required, then spend ages setting up your controls....
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:14 pm

Cheers Broady - did you have to uninstall everything from your BAT attempt? Just wondering if it's best to start with a clean slate.

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Jammy

Post by Jammy » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:22 pm

Bunny wrote:Cheers Broady - did you have to uninstall everything from your BAT attempt? Just wondering if it's best to start with a clean slate.
Yes you'll need a clean install of up to date vanilla IL-2
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:42 pm

Secu wrote:
mportant in order to get one with the eye candy
I notice while testing my mission, more objects you have, even static ones, longer is to load the mission and I experienced some little freeze. I'have an average + computer and GC, I think it's the game doesn't use all my resources.
For eye candy we can make beautiffull and immersive scene with the editor, but I'm afraid that it will suffer problems if we have too much objects.
Choosing the map
I have the "malta Spitfire aces" from Osprey, I will try to do a mission about the first Spitfire's action on 10th march 1942. I don't know how many time it will take...

When I mean 'eye candy' I mean the objects in the map itself, I mean the quality of the map and textures. Compare Slovakia to Canons Channel map - totally different.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:55 pm

This is why mods are a pain in the fucking arsehole. I have HSFX 7.0.3 and 4.12.2 installed. I enable the HSFX history mod in the JSGME and try to connect to Wings Over Europe, which is 4.12.2m + HSFX 7.0.3, which is what my fucking game says when I start it up, but then it bombs me out on connecting because I have a 'different version'.

FUCK OFF

Bully

Post by Bully » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:00 pm

Bunny wrote:Cheers Broady - did you have to uninstall everything from your BAT attempt? Just wondering if it's best to start with a clean slate.
Or just have multiple versions of the game.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:15 pm

OK it was Expert mode enabled was the problem.

So I connect, and the mission is the fucking Battle of Britain!!! :lol:

I'm ready to rock but I'm playing golf after work tomorrow so dunno when I'll get home. Might not make it.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:17 pm

Moving this into the 1946 forum now lads.