Testing IL2 1946

She's getting on in the years now, but we still like to jump in the saddle occasionally.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Bunny

Re: Testing IL2 1946

Post by Bunny » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:41 am

Cool. So do we need expert mode off then? Got it installed tonight - thanks lads for making it easy :nice: Not set the controls up but I might have a bash at that tomorrow, if I get time.

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Spectre

Post by Spectre » Thu Mar 09, 2017 2:29 am

I have to re-install but have we discussed a test date or shall we try and sort that out in the next few days?
"On the edge of destiny, you must test your strength"
- Air Marshal Billy Bishop

Secu
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Staff

Post by Secu » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:06 am

For those who are ready we will make a test today evening instead of our thursday training. Let say 19:30/20:00 BST rv in 501 dispersal.
I advise one time again:
- Have a 7.0.3 HSFX version
- Hyperlobby ready
- It 's a test flight a short mission for 12 players max
- It's a coop mission, not a server, you can't join when the mission is launched
- I will host...and never try this for more than 4 players... who knows what will happen .
It'sn't a selfish 501 event but the goal is only to test if all work well for everybody and see what we can do with this old game, no more.

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:27 am

4 players only thats not going to test anything really unless your internet is that bad HSFX worked back when geordie and wolf were doing it we easily had 9 people at most going from dog fighting to ground attack missions with tons of AI

and that was with all the bonus mods on + wolf even had a dynamic campaign as well in Africa that worked.

yall acting like no one in ACG has touched 46 with HSFX

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:12 am

Bit late to this thread sorry.

I'm more than happy to make missions for 1946 if people are interested. I removed BAT the other day and installed HSFX due to the stupid size of BAT... If you guys need more numbers to test I'll happily lend a hand.

Like Kildren has said Wolf, others and myself have done some things in 46 in the past so if any assistance is needed we're more than happy to help.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:29 am

Yeah but you always say shit like this then actually do fuck all.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:48 am

Kildren wrote:4 players only thats not going to test anything really unless your internet is that bad
Ya Aussie mong - he said twelve players, he's only tried it with four before, hosting on his own connection :D

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:52 am

Dickie wrote:Yeah but you always say shit like this then actually do fuck all.
Despite the fact I've been making missions quietly and now have a back-log? I haven't told anyone I've been doing it so I'm not bothered by people asking "When's a mission going to be ready..." I like to take my time. :wank:
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:15 am

Bunny wrote:
Kildren wrote:4 players only thats not going to test anything really unless your internet is that bad
Ya Aussie mong - he said twelve players, he's only tried it with four before, hosting on his own connection :D
More to the point, we're not talking about testing '46 to see if it works - we all know it works, and even if we didn't there's plenty of evidence for it all over t'internet. What we're talking about, as Bunny put in the first post, is testing '46 to see if it's any good.

The world has changed, we've all been spoilt by prettier games with (apparently) better flight models and suchlike, so a bunch of us decided it would be worth seeing if we actually wanted to play it as a group. Is it actually enjoyable in this day and age? Does the lure of variety make up for its undoubted deficiencies and decrepitude? That kind of thing.
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:17 am

Broadsword wrote:
Bunny wrote:
More to the point, we're not talking about testing '46 to see if it works - we all know it works, and even if we didn't there's plenty of evidence for it all over t'internet. What we're talking about, as Bunny put in the first post, is testing '46 to see if it's any good.

The world has changed, we've all been spoilt by prettier games with (apparently) better flight models and suchlike, so a bunch of us decided it would be worth seeing if we actually wanted to play it as a group. Is it actually enjoyable in this day and age? Does the lure of variety make up for its undoubted deficiencies and decrepitude? That kind of thing.

Yes to all of the above

I still enjoy 46, I honestly don't think it's aged that bad.