Kanalkampf. Mission 14: 25th July 1940

RAF flight reports for the epic ACG Historical Campaign - "Peace In Our Time" covering the Fall of France and the Battle of Britain. We are recruiting new pilots so you can join this - post in the Reception to request a seat. This forum is publically viewable.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Administration Staff, Skin Team, Treasurers

Hawes

Re: Kanalkampf. Mission 14: 25th July 1940

Post by Hawes » Mon May 05, 2014 6:45 pm

Squadron: No.615 "County of Surrey" Squadron
Squadron code: "KW"
Pilot name: Hawes
Date: 25th July 1940
Base: Kenley
Type: Hawker Hurricane Ia
Marking: T for 'Toc'
Serial number: L2098

'Panta' has been in the thick of it for weeks and the Top Brass finally gave us a break today by not sending us as the sharp end of the sword. The spits of 'Freema' squadron were scrambled first today and quickly disappeared into the blue followed by 'Mandrel'.
I was leading the Squadron at the head of Red section and I had ordered P/O Random to lead Blue. At the 11th hour P/O Random was hanging problems with his canopy, apparently it's runners were jamming. I quickly ordered P/O Hollywood to take over and suggested P/O Random stay behind as he would be risking being shot down with no escape.

We took off and flew by a southerly route to arrive over Dover from the West. En route I heard that P/O Random had joined us despite being nailed into what might become his coffin.
I was joined by L/A Kev straight out of the OTU. He flew like an expert and kept glued to my wing.

Over Dover we caught sight of a milling dogfight in front of us and soon Red and Blue section were seperated. I saw some 109s below me and dropped on one. I got a really good burst into him and he started streaming fuel and/or glycol. I left him as he limped away through cloud towards France. Amazingly, L/A Kev had kept with me all this time. We were attacked by another 109 but managed to give him the slip. I then saw a dark shape dropping on my Wingman, too late I called the break and L/A Kev limped back to base with a dying engine. I chased the hun through the cloud and managed to damage him but had to disengage as I was alone.

I then heard that there were Stukas attacking the convoy. I dropped below the cloud and caught them after them had dropped their bombs. I damaged 3 in as many passes but them all continued on to France, although they were streaming fuel and dropping altitude. I saw several other Ju 87s crashing down to the waves.

I was now Winchester and without a wingman so I RTBed on the deck until passing Canterbury. En route I saw a Hurricane spinning to earth minus its left wing just in land of the Radar near Dover.
I landed back at Kenley 15 minutes later and had a lovely cuppa!
Claims
Destroyed: 0
Probable: 1 Me 109
Damaged: 3 Ju 87s

Lost
Pilot: OK
A/C: OK

Hollywood

Post by Hollywood » Tue May 06, 2014 4:06 pm

Squadron Code: KW
Pilot Name: Hollywood
Date: 25 July 1940
Time: 1430 hrs
Type: Hurricane I
Marking: F
Serial Number:
I have no idea

Synopsis:
8 pilots of 615 were flying in 2 groups of 4. I took the second group under my command because Random had some comm issues. It took a while before we spotted anything while we flew along the east coast towards Manston. But when we did spot contacts, there were many of them. I turned my flight to the left land inwards, and waited for the right opportunity. It came when a 109 went under me that didn't see me, (I hoped). I took 1 of my flight with me (Random), and ordered the rest to stay up.
Meanwhile enemy bombers were reported over de radio and no 3 and 4 focused on them. I had to turn sharply to get on the tail of the 109, and Random lost me in the progress. While I was trying to get my guns on him, I asked Random to keep my 6 clear. He then reported another yellow nose, and he focused on that one. I hit mine, and broke away. Random hit his, and I saw it hitting the ground, no surviver. I never saw mine go in though, but I broke his rad, so no more Schnitzel for that guy.
After this encounter we focused on the bombers. I got hits on at least 3 of them. After that I went home to Kenley.

This was by far the best performance of 615, with only 1 bailing out, the rest RTB. Keep it up!

destroyed: 1 109, 3 bombers <-- Confirm better than that Hollywood ;)
damaged: 1 109

Hollywood out

Teepee
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader
Sqn Cdr

Post by Teepee » Tue May 06, 2014 8:00 pm

Squadron: No.501 "County of Gloucester" Squadron
Squadron code: "SD"
Pilot name: FO Teepee
Time: 14.30 hrs
Type: Trusty Hawker Hurricane Mk 1A
Marking: "M for Marvel"
Serial number: N2617

Synopsis:

Today was not a good day.

We were back at cockpit readiness after our trusty Hurricanes had been refuelled and re-armed following the morning mission. Ops had briefed us to expect another attack, by the Hun, against our gallant sailors in their convoy. We were all flushed by the successes of our defence against the black crossed marauders and couldn’t wait to get our awesome flying machines back into the air.

One of the ground crew chaps reported he had seen yet another picture of Yvette posted on the notice board in the NAAFI. It had been pinned on the area reserved for Outdoor Pursuits and there were already 20 names on a list requesting her to demonstrate tent erecting. This whole dastardly affair was getting out of hand and I made a mental note to have a chat with the Station Medical Officer about my nerves. I had a quiet word with the ground crew chap and said there would be crate of Badgers Bollocks for him if he could retrieve the picture of my beloved, from the notice board.

My nervous silence was shattered by the sound of scores of mighty Merlins being brought to life. The tower had fired the flare and we were ordered to make our way to the runway – the hunt was on. The posh Spitties of 64 Sqn were thrown into the air and it was decided that the fearless chaps in 501 Sqn would then weave our way, followed by the gallant lads from 615 Sqn. During take off there was a minor disaster when the trusty Hurricane flown by the Boss erupted into flames when it struck some debris deposited onto the runway while 64 Sqn had departed. Rumour had it the debris was either an empty barrel of Bryllcream or an empty hip flask carelessly discarded by the hapless occupant. The Boss radioed that we should continue and ordered me to lead the chaps to the patrol area. We headed out on a Bearing of 120 Degrees in our awesome Hurricanes while climbing to our required patrol altitude.

Not long after we had cleared the coast at 21,000ft, the call came over the R/T – “Bandits ahead”. We could see waves of the Hun in their evil death dealing chariots heading towards Manston and our Convoy. There were two choices open to us. We either attacked the Hun bombers or we waited for the inevitable schwarm of 109s. The decision was made for us when a number of pesky 109s were flying towards us and the delighted shouts of ‘Tally Ho” could be heard over the R/T. It was every man for himself in the dire struggle as we engaged the Hun and tried our best to bring them down.

I entered the fray with the brave PO Bully following my lead, as wingman. We spotted some 109s and in the ensuring fight we became separated when my incredible Hurricane entered a spin as I was trying to get a bead on a particularly determined 109 who seemed to be stuck to me like glue. PO Bully called he had lost me and it was down to me and the 109.

Our skirmish had started a 20,000 feet and we both darted across the sky each trying to get on the tail of the other. My fantastic flying machine was doing its level best to keep the Hun at bay. For what seemed an eternity we wove in and out as we dropped altitude. I called out to Bully that I was engaged with a nasty beggar and requested he lend some assistance. “On my way” he replied. By the time we descended to around 5,000 feet the Hun was joined by another pesky vermin. They took it in turns to take shots at me and played with me like a cat plays with a mouse. Too late, my fantastic flying machine was beginning to receive more than a fair share of enemy lead. I then received a tremendous hammer blow to my body, and the airframe of my trusty war horse was shaking beyond the limits that even a marvel machine like the Hurricane could stand. I called to Bully that it was too late for me and that I was going in. I was too low to bale out so I stayed with the wonder machine and decided we would meet the ground as one. My eyes began to mist over as I instinctively reached out for my photo of Yvette. At least I would save the cost of a crate of Badgers Bollocks and would be able to relive my days with Yvette and Mimi all over again, for eternity.

My incredible machine, with its helpless occupant, hit the ground and exploded at 15:20.

Claims:
Destroyed: None
Probable: None
Damaged: None

Losses:
Pilot: Not OK (KIA)
A/C: Definitely not Fully Serviceable.

Wreath, Promotion and Medals due for helping to save England.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue May 06, 2014 9:47 pm

A letter from the Air Ministry dropped through the letterbox of 12 Willowbrook, Eton, Berkshire, delivering devastating news to Thomas B Prickman's parents house.........

Dear Mr Prickman

It is with deepest regret I wish to inform you of the loss of your son in the face of the enemy. On the afternoon of July the 18th of this year Wing Commander Prickman once again put his own soul against overwhelming odds and with fearlessness he led his men into battle in defence of King and Country. It brings great sadness to report that he gave his life for these islands during a brave attack against an enemy bomber formation sent by Germany to maim and kill the good people of Britain, and that his body has been taken by the sea following the fatal action. He will always be remembered as a courageous, popular and honourable leader of men who will be sorely missed by both pilots and his aircrew. I have every confidence that his sacrifice will not be without cause when the final victory and true freedom from tyranny arrives for Europe.

God Save the King,
Sincerely,

AVM K R Park
Fighter Command
Royal Air Force

Squadron code: "TB"
Time: 1400hrs
Marking: P for Pip
Serial number: V6620

Claims
Damaged 1x Ju88

Losses
Killed in Action
Aircraft lost.

Baron le Scrope

Post by Baron le Scrope » Wed May 07, 2014 2:25 pm

Squadron: No615.
Squadron code: "KW"
Pilot name:Baron.
Time: 1430hrs
Marking:B for beer.
Serial number: P3231

Katt and i were sauntering along towards our trusty Hurricanes, me discussing the merits of tea as opposed to booze when a melodic voice came floating down the breeze,
"Oi!, you two,get your arses in your kites, NOW", Why, it's our local CO i muttered as we both broke into a run," There you are Katt, he also has'nt had his morning cuppa".
Clambering into our Trusty Hurricanes, god, i've been brainwashed by Teepee from 501,Hurries and innocent young maidens were his mainstay, how does he do it?
We were ordered to scramble last, 64, 501 then us,615, the cream of the RAf, feared throughout the reich.
Took off as blue 4 from Kenley, our leader,Random, unable to open his hood, lack of morning tea,was delayed but joined up later.
Blue flight arrived on the coast near Dover and saw 64 and 501 engaged with fighters, i spotted a formation of bombers silhouetted against the clouds off my starboard wing at a lower altitude
One of our chaps spotted them at the same time calling out"Stukas at 3oclock" starting to dive on the convoy, too damn late again, i dove down nearly vertical onto the Stukas and soon realized
that the violent shaking of the plane was the result of exceeding terminal velocity, the result was my ailerons fluttering away and elevator cables defunkt. The over speed slowly corrected the
dive and levelled out and then started to climb,thankful that the aerofoil section was not symmetrical otherwise i would have gone straight down. When it reached it's zenith i opened the hood
and made a graceful departure.Bobbing about in the drink i noticed some strange objects floating all around me, scooping one up i discovered to my absolute horror, packets of PG Tips. Those
bloody rotten Stukas had sunk my supply of tea. This was more than i could stand, i can take being shot at ,shot down, losing my Trusty Hurricane[there i go again] facing the wrath of my ground
crew, but the prospect of going without my hourly fix was more than i could stand, i broke down and cried. Suddenly i heard the sound of a high powered engine, an ASR was heading my way, i waved
arms frantically and attracted the attention of the lookout. Pulling alongside i was greeted by the leering face of my cousin George,"Well, well, what a surprise Baron, only the sixth time this
month, i cannot understand why you did'nt join the Royal Navy, you spend more time in the water than in the air". Got any tea George? i'm bloody frozen".

Claims
Destroyed:0
Probable: 0
Damaged: 0

Losses:
Pilot: ok but in need of a cuppa
A/C. forming another coral reef
Antec 900 case,/ Sabertooth P67 MoBo,/ Intel corei7 2600cpu-/- MSI GTX 970 4G Graphics, --WD-1Tb Velociraptor HDD--16g Corsair 2133Mhz Ram/-- Corsair TX 850w PSU /--Samsung40"led TV, TrackiR5, CH J/sick. Warthog Throttle. Corsair Vengeance 2100 H/set/mike. W10 Pro 64, /---Two slightly depressed teabags.

Think nothing of it sir, it was the least I could do, a quantity I specialize in.

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Wed May 07, 2014 7:10 pm

Pilot name: P/O Meaker
Type: Hurricane Mk 1a 100 Octane
Marking: ‘G’ for George
Serial number: P2793

Combat Flight Record

Flying out from Kenley,lead by the fearless F/O Teepee,501 Squadron made Angels 21 before being thrown once again into a happless melee of action.We flew in tight disciplined formation ,501 style all the way to our patrol point,and it all looked bloody marvellous from where I was placed in the group before we had to mix it with the hun.

The bastards were soon to be seen heading towards Manston and in an instant we wheeled around into a turn to Port to head off an attack by their 109 snappers that were suddenly upon us,I picked out my target and pursued his trail.

Heading back over the coast he headed towards France for some ungodly reason,had he given up the fight?I pressed on my attack,I was now gaining,but shortly after getting in close the lights went out,something from behind me had caught me out,and I was going down,rapidly,my last thoughts were,idiot you did’nt look behind you!

Claims:
Destroyed: None
Probable: None
Damaged: None

Losses:
Pilot: KIA
A/C: Lost

(Request of family and friends is that P/O Meaker is to be buried next to his beloved dog Merlin at RAF Hawkinge just outside the officers mess)

Midge

Post by Midge » Thu May 08, 2014 8:22 pm

Squadron code: KW
Pilot name: Midge
Base: kenley
Type: Hurricane 1
Marking: C
Serial no: 2564

Woke up very early this morning with a mild hangover having consumed a few in the mess,you can only get a mild hangover with this wartime beer! Dawn was still 30 mins away and for once all was quite.I had a wander over to the ranging butts for a smoke and listen to the dawn chorus,next to a hut near the butts was a tarp covered tea chest,i had a quick shufty---blimey it was full of Nylons,the WAFS secret stash or somebodys black market jolly.I should have reported it to Adj but already from my short time at Kenley i had worked out there were things he needed to know----and things he didn't.
By the time i arrived at the mess all was a hive of activity,hangovers were being cured by the eating of plates piled high with bacon and eggs and much talk of the wrong tea?i grabbed a bacon slab for "Rolls" real name Royce my very grumpy fitter,and headed over to dispersal.

Handing over the slab and asked "Rolls" about the condition of Mary my pet name for KWC "if anything was wrong with her i wouldn't be stood here eating a bloody bacon sandwich,would i" he had just put in a all nighter getting her ready and warmed up for ops so was a bit cranky.He was also 5yrs older than me and knew his stuff, i just thanked him and went over to the No.615 dispersal hut.

The whole of the squadron was there waiting for the first scramble of the morning,but then the boss walked in and told us to stand down till midday---bloody hell a whole morning off,does wings know something?Oh well sleep it is for me.

Later that day we got a briefing convoy protection--all 3 squadrons,this looked like the boss did know something.I climbed into KW-C and was helped to strap in by"Rolls"--with a stern don't break her and don't get shot down,your my third pilot in 2months and i am getting a reputation as a Jonah,we fired her up.The take off order was No.64 first followed by No.501 and us No.615 at the rear,i was in blue section so was to be the last section to take off.No.64 seemed to spend a lot of time forming up lots of bloody fannying about and the boss got rather chippy with them.We took off and attained our assigned hight of 11000ft just behind and below No.501 with No.64 in further ahead.Contact was made at the coast near the convoy a major furball ahead and more contacts at 2/3 O clock we turned to the right and dived on 3/4 contacts below [Me109's] one of the buggers went up and i lost him in the sun i broke left then regained height and headed for the convoy. checking my six i spotted a aircraft pulling in on me from the left --i dived and broke to the right with a high turn and had a snapshot ---missed keeping in the turn i regained height losing sight of any contacts -the boss reported Ju.88's coming in but i was at a low altitude around 4/5000ft.i regained hight pushing everything hard saw the formation of 88's ---one broke formation damaged losing hight. Just on the point of a stall i heard a pop sound and my aircraft started shuddering[and short on power] i followed the 88 down got some hits and saw it go in i think it was already in a terminal state but i few bursts just to make sure can't hurt.I then headed for Manston making a very dodgy landing but down safe[although i fear "Rolls" will not be happy.

Claims

Destroyed: 0
probable: 0
Damaged:0

Losses

Pilot:Uninjured
Aircraft:bent/Engine damage

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Fri May 09, 2014 9:56 pm

Pilot name: Bunny
Type: Hawker Hurricane I
Marking: "N for Nuts"
Serial number: P3084

The old leg seems to be fixed after this morning's tussle with flying jerry jetsam - I always was a quick healer. No sooner had I been declared fit for duty when we were ordered into the skies once more, to save everything we held dear from the sausage munchers of Munich.

A beautifully smooth take off, Freema, Mandrel then Panta, soaring into the blue ether to confront whatever lay above and ahead. Shipping fleet off the coast of Dover needed our assistance - Technician Mauf called out contacts first - PO Meaker confirming it. Straight on our 12, slightly higher. I also spotted one moving across our port side, attempting to sneak around the back of us. FO Teepee was lead aircraft - the CO was trailing us, barking orders from a distance, though he sounded desperate to get stuck in alongside his crew. Teepee gave orders to go for the 109s ahead, rather than wait for the expected bombers - pure sense and logic, as ever. I always thought he'd make an excellent chiefy if he lost his will to fly.

Our flight splintered into the fray - I followed Teepee in, covering his six as we did so. A few circles looking for a target, in the process I picked up a 109 on my six. Teepee dropped round to me, the 109 broke off and soon after I lost Teepee as he picked up another. I continued to circle above the main fight, and picked up a 109 carelessly flying a circle. As he lost energy at the top of a right-hand turn I squeezed the trigger, managing to perforate something - fuel or glycol streamed from both wings and he dropped down. I claim this as probably as he won't be going home after that.

Continuing to circle Dover harbour, I picked yet another who fought a few defensive/offensive circles with me until he dropped to the deck near the harbour. By this time I was low enough to decide to follow him...to the deck, up the valley to Hawkinge. Too late I saw him approaching a Hurricane on finals at Hawkinge - I called out to break, but literally two seconds after my call I heard Flt Sgt Sabre's comms cry out before going silent. The bastard had shot a plane landing - cowardly practice compared to the honourable pilot I tussled with only this morning. Blood boiled, a red mist descended and I vowed to avenge Sabre. Following the 109 as he smugly sped away, low, I closed the radiator as much as I dared, squeezing every last ounce of speed from my beloved Hurricane. He seemed to be panicking - not happy at the turn of events now that he was the hunted. He pulled up, trying to outmanouvre a Hurricane at low level! I'm sure he must've realised his mistake. I followed him up, around and down again, sticking to his arse like glue. As we levelled out I still had an energy advantage, allowing me too keep him in the sights. Another squeeze as he crossed in front of them - I saw hits light up as he drifted through my line of fire, strafing his flank. Another burst caught his starboard wing, he was at perfect convergence. The third burst did for him - I have never been so happy to see a fireball - this bugger deserved it. In hindsight I know he was only doing his job - but so was I, and I'd lost a mate, so this was payback. I followed his plume of black smoke, watched as he met the ground and let Sabre know I'd seen him right. I heard PO Bully claim to have seen a 109 on fire near Hawkinge and think he'd be able to confirm it as the same kill.

PO Bonkin - "Furball over the ships" - so met up with Bully and we climbed to join in. As we arrived Freema called out enemy bombers approaching our fleet - Ju88's - from the South East, angels 10. Bully had already seen them, and led the way to the target. Hopefully Panta were leaving some for us. I approached from their low front and let a short burst go at one as we sped past each other. A climb, roll and descent to their left-hand side. No sooner had I done so when return fire hit my engine and oil began to cover the windscreen - damn! I was lined up on one and let rip into him, emptying my ammo belts. As I headed back to home I heard their front gunners hitting the canvas behind me - the old bird was still flying! Losing the engine completely between Dover and Hawkinge, I opened the canopy and glided back to the airfield. A quick belly landing, followed by a sweet black cup of cha and the crew bus back to Henley. What a day!

Claims
Destroyed: 1 x 109
Probable: 1 x 109
Damaged: 1 x Ju88

Losses
Pilot: Ticketyboo
A/C: Slightly dinged the belly panels, but hopefully serviceable...

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Sat May 10, 2014 2:40 am

Squadron: No.64 Squadron
Squadron Code: SH
Pilot Name: Thaine
Date: 25 July 1940
Type: Spitfire mk Ia
Marking: J - Johnny
Serial Number: L1068

Synopsis:

I had been on stand-by long enough, finally the call came and I was assigned No.64 Squadron. It seemed Jerry was sending all he got today and the RAF was in need for any pilot available. I rushed to my assigned kyte, gripping my gear. The brand-new Spitfire was already awaiting me, flashing SH-J in bright letters. The mechanics were making last preparations with saddened faces, their former pilot hadn't returned from the last sortie this morning. Rumors go he bailed somewhere mid-channel. Later this evening we got news they fished him out and transferred him to a hospital with serious injuries; a shattered shoulder, broken rip and pierced lung. He's lucky to be alive but won't be flying anywhen soon.

64 went out for this sortie first, followed by 501 and 615. I was flying as blue 1 along with tech Dange. We're heading towards Dover to cover a convoy. Approaching the coast we made contact with the Hun. Two contacts were passing us on our right side, slightly lower. I went into the attack with 2 other Spitfires. The hun was steping on the brake and I stalled my kyte in an attempt to stay behind him. What a start. I cirled a while the area trying to make out friend from foe in the big furbal. I saw a Spitfire chased by a 109 and joined it to help the fellow pilot, who turned out to be F/O Looky. Despite several poor attemps firing at the 109 I wasn't able to chase the hun away. F/O Looky was badly damaged and first after his radiatior started streaming the 109 let go and dived towards the convoy. I followed the hun and were able to give him a short squirt. A short flash of DeWilde impact was visible on his fuselage and he started spitting oil after that. He disappeared under my nose and I lost track of him. I hereby claim this 109 as damaged.

Meanwhile JU87's had finished their attack on the convoy and I was able to damage the lead aircraft, but soon turned away to regain altitude for further raids or troublesome escorts. The JU87 did return to France anyway. I was shortly joined by W/Off Binkitone circiling over the convoy. Squadron Leader Gromic had spotted a second raid of JU88 bombers heading north. Shortly after the command from CO Osprey followed for all remaining fighters to attack the bombers. I did three passes on the right flank of the bombers before they could drop their load. Thereby I sent one bomber down with a burning starboard engine, a second bomber was badly hit by my bullet mixture all over the wings and fuselage and started streaming coolant and fuel from both wings and engines. I claim these two bombers as probable kills.

Out of ammo I returned to base. On the way I joined Squadron Leader Gromic, who was as well rtb. We circled Kenley Drome once to wait for some 615 Hurricanes on final before putting our Spitfires safely to ground.

Claims:
Destroyed:
Probably: 2 x JU88
Damaged: 1 x Me109, 1 x JU87

Losses:
A/C: OK
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Flick

Post by Flick » Sat May 10, 2014 2:43 pm

Pilot name: Flick.

Time: 1400hrs
Landed: In the channel
Marking: P for Prick
Serial number: FL1CK

Synopsis:

Took off with my fellow aviators of No.501 Squadron and after gaining about 2000ft I began to suffer engine problems. I was close to Maidstone so put in there. They kindly let me take one of their Hurricanes and I joined the fray off Dover a tad late. I was however fortunate in that I arrived bang on time to intercept a throng of Stukas that were heading for our Northbound shipping convoy. I had no visual contact with either Freema or Panta squadrons probably due to my arriving on the scene at a low altitude.
Almost my entire jolly was spent harassing these Ju87s and when the bullets ran out I put the nose down and headed back to Blighty. However my success against the Stukas had not gone unnoticed and I was pounced on by a well flown and determined ME109... I lost all my energy avoiding him and eventually ended up putting a wingtip in the briny and cartwheeling across the waves. Once the kite stopped I threw open the canopy and swam out. I saw then that the 109 that had been so remorseless in its pursuit of me had also hit the sea and was sinking fast I sculled over to see if I could help but the pilot was unconscious and I hadn't the strength to open the canopy... Poor bugger went down with his ship.

Claims:

Destroyed: 1 x JU87 & sunk 1 Me109

Damaged: 5 x Ju87

Aircraft: Now a submarine

- Asus Rampage IV Formula |Water cooled Intel i7 3970X 4.1GHz | 16Gb G skill RipjawZ| GeForce GTX 690 4Gb | Corsair 880D Case with AX1200 PCU| 500Gb Samsung SSD| HP2311 x2 TrackIR 5 | Microsoft Precision Pro Joystick | Windows 7 64bit Pro | Knobs |Bells -
Life's too short to ride hard packed snow