Adlerangriff. Mission 30: 16th August (Tangmere 1300)

RAF flight reports for the epic ACG Historical Campaign - "Peace In Our Time" covering the Fall of France and the Battle of Britain. We are recruiting new pilots so you can join this - post in the Reception to request a seat. This forum is publically viewable.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Administration Staff, Skin Team, Treasurers

Bonkin

Re: Adlerangriff. Mission 30: 16th August (Tangmere 1300)

Post by Bonkin » Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:39 pm

Squadron: No.501 "County of Gloucester" Squadron
Squadron code: "SD"
Pilot name: Flying Officer Bonkin
Date: 16th August 1940 15:00
Base: RAF Biggin Hill
Type: Hawker Hurricane Ia
Marking: "Z for Zebra"
Serial number: P3803

Synopsis
Gave Jerry Stuka’s a good spanking South of Eastbourne at Angels 10 – so much so that I ran out of ammo. Quickly put down into Tangmere to re-fuel and re-arm. Took off again and spanked a Me109 and an Me110. Landed safely.

Full Report
The OTU’s are now churning out new pilots which has helped to replenish the squadrons losses. On the downside it has meant that some of the more experienced chaps have been posted to new squadrons in order to spread the experience. P/O Meaker, F/O Teepee (now Sqd. Ldr.), P/O Sabre, Sgt Mauf and LAC Schmuk have all left – and their places filled by some new chaps.

At dispersal I eyed them suspiciously. Better not get too close I thought. They probably won’t last long. Nigsy looked up at me at then back at the new chaps. I could tell he was thinking the same thing too.

It wasn’t long before the airfield was alive to the singing of Merlin’s and the blue was calling. The Boss led No.501 directly into the attack and we were perfectly poised to greet the arriving Huns with the incredible fire power of our .303’s.

Leading Green section, comprising the spunky P/O Bully and the new chap LAC Flare, we attacked the right flank and started to give Jerry the spanking he deserved. “That will teach him” I thought as the fifth Stuka had pieces blown off of him by my amazing machine. Pretty soon many of the Stukas were either going down into the sea or streaming so much glycol that their demise was inevitable.

Rather frustratingly I had run out of ammunition on the Stuka’s and so elected to put into Tangmere to re-stock. Ground crews were open mouthed at my wonder machine as I taxied in and ordered the erks to fill it up.

Whilst I waited one of the newer chaps landed and taxied up beside me. He seemed to be signalling to me and pointing a lot at my machine. I hadn’t got a clue what he was doing – but I gave him a big grin with thumbs up and shouted at him that a bit of paint might be needed.

Once again returning to the blue I climbed at an amazing rate as I gave chase to another wave of Jerry bombers. Instinct told me to check my six and it was jolly good that I did because there creeping up me was one of dirty rotter’s in a Messerschmitt. “Not very sporting” I muttered and we commenced and aerial ballet for a couple of minutes until he fell to my guns. Luckily for me he was on his own. “Take that Fritz” I shouted as he impacted the ground in a fireball.

Not long after this I spotted a lone Me110 and I started my chase. This one had another Me109 with it though – but thankfully the fearless F/O Robo had heard my calls over the R/T and came along to despatch the 109 thus leaving me with the 110 – which duly ended up scorching the ground in another fireball.

The tussle with the Jerry machines had left my engine running rough so I immediately returned to Tangmere (which had had a bit of a pasting), and was then able to get an Anson back to Biggin.

Once I’d dropped my kit off and given my faithful Nigsy a good patting, I headed off to the mess. Much to my surprise the new guys, except the one called Flare, were all there – and it seemed a party was in full swing around the piano. It wasn’t long before Sgt Horus and LAC Dave were managing to get hoisted aloft to “walk the ceiling” – quite a feat to leave sooty boot prints on the ceiling, whilst singing “Der Fuehrer’s Face” and not spilling a drop of Badgers! I never even knew that Sgt Flick could play the Kazoo so well. As the evening wore on SAC Toxic was able to use his American charm on the WAAFs from the parachute section, and together with LAC Broadsword wheeled in four fine filly’s – quite literally… they’d only gone and half inched the station gardener’s wheelbarrow. All in all, it turned out nice again.

Claims
Destroyed: 1 x Me109, 1 x Me110
Probable: 0
Damaged: 5 x Ju87

Losses
Pilot: Spiffingly Dandy
A/C: A big hole in the fuselage – nothing a bit of canvas, dope and paint can’t fix.

Tyrone
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader

Post by Tyrone » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Squadron: No. 64 Squadron
Squadron Code: SH
Pilot Name:Tyrone
Type: Spitfire Ia 100 octane
Marking: T
Date: 16 Aug 1940
Base: Kenley

Claims:
Confirmed: x2 109
Probable: 0
Damaged:

Losses:
AC: ok
Pilot: ok

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:54 pm

Report for Mission 30 of the campaign, sorry it wasn't submitted :oops:

Squadron: No. 615 "County of Surrey" Squadron
Squadron Code: KW
Pilot Name: Azref
Date: 08/16/1940
Time: 1300 hrs.
Base: Kenley
Type: Hawker Hurricane
Marking: U

Claims: 2x JU-87 Damaged

Losses:
Pilot: Fine
A/C: Left wing damaged aileron, slight scuffing to new spinner.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel