Adlerangriff. Mission 30: 16th August

Luftwaffe flight reports for the epic ACG Historical Campaign - "Peace In Our Time" covering the Fall of France and the Battle of Britain. We are recruiting new pilots so you can join this - post in the Reception to request a seat. This forum is publically viewable.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Administration Staff, Skin Team, Treasurers

Oho

Re: Adlerangriff. Mission 30: 16th August

Post by Oho » Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:27 pm

Mission Date: 16-08-1940 1202-1328

Name: Oho
Unit: 6/JG26
Aircraft: Bf 109 E-3
Markings: << + -
Aerodrome: Theville
Victory Claims:
Time Place Aircraft Opponent Confirmed
Took off in 3rd Schwarm. Got shot down in a furball with hurries while gaining some hight again behind the bombers.

Rook

Post by Rook » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:35 pm

Mission Date: 16-08-1940

Name: Rook
Unit: 6./JG26
Aircraft: Bf-109 E3
Markings: Brown 11
Aerodrome: Crepon
Victory Claims:
TimePlaceAircraftOpponentConfirmed
-----

Stig

Post by Stig » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:18 pm

Mission Date: 16-8-1940

Name: Stig
Unit: 5./ Jg26
Aircraft: Bf109E-1
Markings: Black 7

Flew together with Boyesee and Esri in 1. Schwarm. I was separated from them when we engaged the rif-RAF off Selsey Point. I returned to the bombers and got in behind a Hurricane and scored hits. The venting Hurri dove steeply away, but the local air space was too congested to follow him. I was soon diving away myself as a Spitfire approached from behind, he was forced to break by another 109.
As I regained altitude slightly in land, I could no longer see the bombers or other contacts. I headed for Selsey Point to rejoin with Boyesee. I spotted some high contacts over the sea and climbed. A Spitfire was on the six of a venting 109, the Tommy spotted me as I closed on him. A brief scrap ensued, I got hits on the Spit, but it didn't look serious, however I then over-revved the engine and had to disengage. The Spit may have been disturbed by other LW fighters, because he did not pursue me.
The engine was running rough, but I was only losing altitude gradually and I eventually made it back to France and landed safely at Theville, the engine seizing just after touch down, before I could vacate the runway. I sat in the cockpit and watched as Boyesee and Lee returned.

Victory Claims:
-----

Dub

Post by Dub » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:14 pm

Mission Date: 16-8-1940

Name: Dub
Unit: 5./JG26
Aircraft: Bf109E-1
Markings: Black 16
Status: shot down over Selsey @ 3KM by Tyrone pilot insta kill
intel 3570k @4.7Ghz + Zalman cnps10x noctua fan in pull config/ 16GB DDR3 Corsair vengeance @ 1600Mhz / MSI Geforce 770 4GB /MSI Z77A G45 Motherboard / Corsair RM 800 watt PSU / 1TB HDD Western Digital Black edition / 1TB Seagate SSHD/ 1TB HDD Samsung Spinpoint F1/ 120GB SSD OCZ Agility / Logitech Attack 3 Joystick / Saitek Throttle Quadrant / CH pro rudder pedals / 27" Qnix QX2710 2560x1440 Monitor/ LG m227wdp 22" /

Huff Duff

Post by Huff Duff » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:55 pm

Mission Date 16-08-1940

Name: Huff Duff
Unit: 6/JG26
Aircraft: Bf 109 E-3
Markings: Brown 5

This was a long and exhausting flight. I managed to score minor damage on two Spitfires but nothing serious.
I landed back at Theville at 13.39 with 30 Litres of fuel left.

Keroth

Post by Keroth » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:49 am

Mission Date 16-08-1940

Name: Keroth
Unit: 7./JG26
Aircraft:Bf 109 E-4
Markings: White 6
Victory Claims:
-South of SelseyHurricane-No
We took off for the first time as the 7. we were a good bunch of very good pilots, and everything went smoothly. We followed the bombers zigzaggin over them, when we suddenly spotted them getting attacked by hurricanes. We dove i following Atreides, for a good while until he did a combination of very tight turns that lead to me getting behind and when he went into a cloud i lost him. I flew a bit away from the fight when i spotted a few hurris fighting.

I dove in not getting a good pass for about 1 minute. Suddenly i realize someone is on my back and i cannot see any other planes than the hurri infront of me and the hurri behind me. I broke off and went for a cloud in which i dove in and out of 2 or 3 times. When i came out i could see none so i went looking for the bombers i now realised i had forgot to defend, and i could hear my squadron fighting near them, so after 20 seconds i spotted them and tried to go to them.

Suddenly 2 hurricanes dove out of nowhere infront of me flying like they simply had not seen me, these must be the ones i was fighting. I put the throttle to the max and put WEP on i make sure i am under the last one so i keep out of sigt. Slowly but surely i get closer until i am about 100-200 m i start firing with all my weapons, but shoot above him. The hurri did not even move the slightes when i stopped firing and starting aiming again, my choice of no tracers seamed to have been the right choice. As i fired my second burst i hit the mark... exsplotions apeared all around his cocpit and on the wings. as i stopped firing the aircraft slowly rolled to the right and started a dive, that resulted in a spin the aircraft flew as no control imputs were put into it, and after a while i saw him splash into the ocean.

The other hurricane where nowhere to be seen so i just continued to the bombers. At this point they were over Selsey. I spotted some planes that seamed to be fighting so i dove down. Took a couble of potshots on some spitfires but saw no hits, when i spotted a spitfire behind me, over the radio i heard that there should be some freinds here but i saw none. After a good 1 minute my plane suddenly caught fire. I instantly pulled the eject cannopy and jumped out following the cannopy down with me. As i pulled the parathuce it did nothing the fire must have even though i only was in the plane for 1 second burned it. So i fell from 1k landing in the ocean killing me instantly...

Malarky

Post by Malarky » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:53 am

Name: Malarky
Unit: 4./JG26
Aircraft: BF-109 E-4
Markings: White 7
Status: Ditched aircraft in the Channel, a few miles off of the French coat, after a bullet perforated my water radiator. Pilot alive, but a bit wet, rescued by friendly ASR.

Flew in 1st Schwarm with Pitti, Obermann, and Javelina. I was Javelina's wingman, as part of the 2nd Rotte. Grouped up with the bombers off the coast of France, and made our way across the channel. Once there, got in a bit of a scrap with some Spitfires. My plane's water radiator was shot, and I had to make my way back across the Channel. I was forced to ditch the plane a few miles off of the coast, and was picked up by friendly search and rescue.

(Apologies for the less-detailed post this time around. I'm both tired and lazy.)

Zero

Post by Zero » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:46 pm

Mission Date 16-08-1940

Name: Zero
Aircraft:Bf 109 E-4
Markings: White 9
Victory Claims:
-----

StaryMruk

Post by StaryMruk » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:52 pm

Mission Date:16.8.1940

Name: StaryMruk
Aircraft: Bf 109E-4
Markings: White 16

Engaged for long time with many Spitfires and Hurrcanes over Selsey. Severly damaged some of them (I saw engine bonnet of Hurricane coming off under my fire). No confirmed kills. Shot in a radiator. Attempted to fly back to France. Didn't make it...

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Name: IronJockel
Unit: Stab II./JG26
Aircraft: Bf 109 E-4
Markings: 6
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton