Adlerangriff. Mission 32: 18th August

Luftwaffe flight reports for the epic ACG Historical Campaign - "Peace In Our Time" covering the Fall of France and the Battle of Britain. We are recruiting new pilots so you can join this - post in the Reception to request a seat. This forum is publically viewable.

Moderators: Board of Directors, Administration Staff, Skin Team, Treasurers

Pitti

Adlerangriff. Mission 32: 18th August

Post by Pitti » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:13 pm

Code: Select all

Mission Date: 00-00-0000 0000-0000

Name: 
Unit: 
Aircraft:
Markings: 
Aerodrome: 
Victory Claims:[table]
[tr][td][b]Time[/b][/td][td][b]Place[/b][/td][td][b]Aircraft[/b][/td][td][b]Opponent[/b][/td][td][b]Confirmed[/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][td]-[/td][/tr]
[/table]
Mission Date: 18-08-1940 1237-1331

Name: Pitti
Unit: Stab II./JG26
Aircraft: Bf 109 E-4
Markings: << + -
Aerodrome: Marquise East
Victory Claims:
TimePlaceAircraftOpponentConfirmed
1303CanterburyHurricaneNo.501yes (Krass)
I engaged a Hurricane in a left hand turn at about 7km, at 1303, slighlty north of Canterbury. My first burst of fire ripped of pices of the Hurricane's tail section. Scored some more hits with the second burst and the final third burst cut off the left wing of the Hurricane. This victory was witnessed by Krass.

Katt

Re: Adlerangriff. Mission 32: 18th August

Post by Katt » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:00 pm

Date: 18.8.40
Name: Katt
Unit: 6./ZG76
A/C: BF110 C4N
Markings: M8AP
Aerodrome: Calais
Status: Ditched in the Thames Estuary/recovered by air sea rescue

Was attacked by a Spit who was engaged by the rear gunner, struck in the elevator and number one engine, lost power and all elevator control and wound up in the water.

DaHeld

Post by DaHeld » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:02 pm

Mission Date: 18th August 1940 12:30

Name: DaHeld
Unit: 6./JG 26
Aircraft: Bf 109E-4
Markings: brown 12 + -
Aerodrome: Marquise Ost (Hydrequent)
Victory Claims: None

After fighting several Hurricanes from Canterbury to the outskirts of London, and scoring some hits on them, I collided with one of our bombers, while pulling up after an attack on a Hurricane. I ripped off my outer left wing, the aileron and the leading edge slat, but was still able to fly home, so I crossed the channel and bailed out over the Gartenzaun, because I feared the machine would become uncontrollable at slow speeds. I touched down right in the middle of Hydrequent, much to the amusement of the people there.
I walked the few metres back to the airfield and will be able to fly again in the next mission...

Obermann

Post by Obermann » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:10 pm

Mission Date: 18-08-1940 1237-1331

Name: Obermann
Unit: 4./JG26
Aircraft: Bf 109 E-3
Markings: White 3
Victory Claims:

I took off with 2nd schwarm of 4./ staffel. My schwarmführer was Javelina, and his katschmarek was Malarky. I was flying the right side of our V formation. We flew west after take off, and made contact with the bombers over the channel. We climbed to 5.5km, and were spotting contacts all around us, and the bombers. We believed most of them to be friendlies. Gruppenkommandeur PItti, called out that the bombers were coming under attack. Things got a bit hectic, and I lost Javelina, and Malarky. I kept as close to the bombers as possible while hoping to keep them clear of hurricanes. I spotted one on our 2nd bomber formation, and dove in. I lost sight of him, but zoomed by anyway, and climbed back up to get altitude again. During my ascent, I spotted a large dogfight a few kilometers above me, and saw a ball of contrails. Quite an incredible sight. I continued to try to keep the bombers clear of enemy aircraft, and suddenly a hurricane appeared on my six. I attempted to dive away, but I exposed my cockpit, and took hits in that area. The bullets killed me instantly, and the aircraft glided lifelessly to the ground.

Wiesel

Post by Wiesel » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Mission Date: 18-08-1940

Name: Wiesel
Unit: 6./JG26
Aircraft: Bf-109 E4
Markings: Brown 4
Aerodrome: Marquis East
Victory Claims:
-----
III./JG26 "Schlageter" | 8./JG51 "Mölders"

Flyby
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by Flyby » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:21 pm

Mission Date: 18th August 1940 12:30

Name: Flyby
Unit: 5./JG26
Aircraft:109-E4
Markings: Black 8
Aerodrome: Hydrequent
Not quite a freie jagd but 5./jg26 went out in front of the bombers today. The Gruppenkommander flew with us. Bandits were called out as we flew just northeast of Dover, and we began maneuvering. They were above us again. Suddenly a Hurricane slipped in between me and my Rottefuhrer, Hauptgefreiter Lee. No time to shout a warning but I fired a busrt that struck the Hurricane, causing the pilot to pull off and up to the right while we were still turning! His plane was venting as I finally got around to transmitting a warning then resuming my position, but soon afterwards I took some hits from an unseen plane, and my Emil began to vent coolant, and throw oil on my windscreen. I informed the staffel furher that I was hit and rtb. Lee shouted encouragement, but my engine went sour and finally quit. I bailed out northwest of the general Dover area. Guess I'll have to acquire a taste for warm beer (if I'm lucky with the guards), and bland rations.
Flyby out
My Warrior creed:ACG; A good place to be.

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:22 pm

Name:IronJockel
Markings: Brown 6
Victory Claims:
-----
Killconfirm: Marleo - 13:18 - Between Dover and London, halo 45 - Hurricane
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:29 pm

Name: Falcon
Markings: Brown 16
Status: ditched plane in the chanel, rescued by friendly ASR
Victory Claims: none

Taking off as Wiesels wingman. After meeting 5th Staffel at Calais we flew in front of the bombers until we met a huge formation of Spits. Temporarely loosing track of my leader during first encounters to find him again shortly after. While trying to close distance a second encounter started what caused me to loose him again, but for that I was leading a flight of Spits now. The bad thing about that were their MG perforating my rads. Forced to run for home I tried to gain alt on my way back until I realised that that Tommy was still on my tail. As bad luck for me he also got my elevator. Near the coast he finally let off. Unfortunately I didn't make it back to France so I crash landed in the channel and got rescued.
Turn like the devil, shoot straight from the sun
Climb like a monkey out of hell where I belong

MarLeo

Post by MarLeo » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:37 pm

Name: MarLeo
Aircraft: Bf 109 E-4
Markings: 1+-
Status: RTB Marquise West with slight radiator damage, engine still intact.
Victory Claims:
1318Hallo 46 between Dover Area and LondonHurricane-IronJockel, Wiesel
Confirmed victory at 24:30

18aug40marqwest.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MarLeo on Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Valar f*ing morghulis. Valar dohaeris.
The all is one and the one is all.

Reiser

Post by Reiser » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:51 pm

Name: Reiser
Unit: 4./JG26
Aircraft: BF109E3
Markings: White 5
Victory Claims: None

A week has gone by, daily flights of bomber protection with not much action. I haven't seen serious fighting since my first day at the field. We were a little unprepared for what we would encounter today. Reinhart blew a radiator right out of the gate, Zyk had troubles getting off the ground. Maple and I continued on course to support the bombers. Another typical day in 4th Staffel. Then, contrails. Massive contrails! Maple and I climed up to them, engaged some hurricanes along the way. I got shots off on some spits and a single hurricane. I also had shots taken at me by a spitfire. I dove for the deck and in the process I lost contact with the bomber groups.

After 30 minutes to an hour, I was flying around england trying to find the bomber group. Eventually, I decided to RTB since I was all alone, sole combatant of my schwarm. When I arrived at french point I found schwarm 2 and we made our way back to Marquis East.