Hearts of Iron IV

We don't just fly
Pariah
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant
Contributor

Hearts of Iron IV

Post by Pariah » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:38 am

I've just been getting into this recently and really enjoying it. I started a game with Italy and am helping the Germans conquer France and am busy now pushing the allies out of Belgium. I do appear to have run out of fresh men and parts of France are now rebelling. All in all very enjoyable though.

Onebad
Squadron Leader
Squadron Leader
ACG Staff
Contributor

Re: Hearts of Iron IV

Post by Onebad » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:00 pm

I got it couple of days ago and I'd lie if I said that I'm understanding half of what a game has to offer. I'll try to get better though, maybe we'd be able to have a game with a larger group once. I know that Kildren (sic!), Vonhye, Woekie, Vanguard and some other have been playing it quite extensively.

Together we can walk miles, 7 inches at a time.

Welshy
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Post by Welshy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:53 am

An ACG multiplayer would be fun. I'd be more than happy to play. Pariah you can change conscription law to get more manpower. Berethor is very good at this game he knows the finer details

Geordie
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Geordie » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:19 pm

You have to try and manage recruitment with manpower and try not to expand too fast (or too slow)
I played a game with Iraq, ignored WW2 and took over Saudi
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Contributor
Location: Bomber *Command* County :D - Buckinghamshire, England

Post by Donkey » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:56 pm

Just picked it up or a tenner or so on the humble store. I guess I need to try and dedicate some time to understanding how to play it now!

Boyezee
Major
Major
ACG Staff
Contributor

Post by Boyezee » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:23 pm

Love this game, put over 400 hours into it.

I haven't played it for a while as I have done everything in single player that I wanted to do but if you guys want to do multiplayer I would be interested in that.

In single player my favourite nation was always Japan, the war started pretty much straight away, lots of naval invasions with which you could dominate the pacific with all it's resources, then push into India, the middle east and hit the Ussr through the Ukraine and capture their oil. :)

Welshy
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Post by Welshy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:56 pm

Boyezee wrote:Love this game, put over 400 hours into it.

I haven't played it for a while as I have done everything in single player that I wanted to do but if you guys want to do multiplayer I would be interested in that.

In single player my favourite nation was always Japan, the war started pretty much straight away, lots of naval invasions with which you could dominate the pacific with all it's resources, then push into India, the middle east and hit the Ussr through the Ukraine and capture their oil. :)
Sounds like an epic play through that. Ive never got the hang of the navy or d-day style landings. Put my name down for a multiplayer. Maybe put new players with more experienced players?

Geordie
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Geordie » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:07 am

Theres a few good mods out there which extend the tech tree for al natations. I'm not on my PC right now so sadly I can't link it, however it adds so much more into the game.

It's also fun to do an alternate history run every now and then. Comunist Cananda anyone?
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Kildren
Unterfeldwebel
Unterfeldwebel

Post by Kildren » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:27 am

The problem is getting everyone together at the same time same day and once 1 person cant make it then what do you do?
4./JG26_LuftAsher: How is it not super common knowledge at this point that I'm a total flaming fagaloon?
4./JG26_Kildren: because their is only like 3 of us to spread it?
4./JG26_LuftAsher: I literally sucked a dick last night.

4./JG26_LuftAsher: Everyone in ACG can stick it, brother

Kai Lae
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Kai Lae » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:48 pm

FYI a major expansion just came out focused on Japan and China, so if you wanted to do multiplayer, I'd wait. Reason for waiting is after patches there generally are bugs that end up needing to be squashed. For whatever reason, multiplayer desynchs seem to be the most common type and there are again reports of that on their forums.