Enderal

We don't just fly

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Jammy

Enderal

Post by Jammy » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:43 pm

Broady asked me about the mod so I thought i'd share some tips before trying the game in earnest. This review spoils only the beginning of the game (and some side quests) but its thanks to his style of reviewing that I decided to try playing the game in the first place.

Ok tips: Buy the set and recall spell books from the wizard lady in the city, it saves loads of money. I played on the lowest difficulty and STILL got wrecked throughout the game so no regrets, change according to taste. If enemies destroy you too quickly you have to grind for more books in the starter areas. And remember to SAVE ALLOT! Game is usually stable but some fights can be stupidly hard some times and easy others. There that should save you some time, especially the early game slog.

My short verdict: Loved the main quests (lots of twist and turns) and love-able companions, and I enjoyed the new armours (my fave was the Ratcatcher set). I also liked that you travel like in Morrowind (use spells or take the fantasy buss), but couldn't enjoy exploring ruins as mutch due to the re-using too many Skyrim assets.

Not better than Skyrim for me (its replay value is 0) but a darned good one-time adventure. Worth a try and playthrough.

P.S the bestest part of the game is finding a cool spot to smoke pipe-weed. Also some music is dope 8-)
I do like to shoot down planes yes I do

EC2012

Re: Enderal

Post by EC2012 » Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:43 pm

I confirm that this game is really good. I've definitely wanted to play something as good as Skyrim, and I can say one thing - it's there! The story is interesting, I love the world. I'm truly impressed by this being a mod being better than many new releases.

HScarborough79

Re: Enderal

Post by HScarborough79 » Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:44 am

And now the question : WHAT is the "formerly loved and respected" Bethesda doing in the meantime ? Looking at the circus that is now happening with F76 (and I think that this merry-go-round of mistakes and very bad decisions will not stop).
If a group of fans, people who devote HUNDREDS of their free time and skills can do something like this and not demand a single cent for their work - then by what right can a bunch of scumbags make themselves pay for a poorly done job, based on the same building blocks as all their previous games. And even now they are not able to fix the game's bugs, let alone any new content to keep the player's attention. Not to mention the fact that they gutted our post-apocalyptic junkyard simulator of any storyline. BECAUSE IT'S CHEAPER.