iRacing with LoSpeedRacing

We don't just fly

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Schmuck

iRacing with LoSpeedRacing

Post by Schmuck » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:12 pm

24 hours in the books. It was rough and dirty, but a great learning experience. While lapping traffic a blue flag behind was caught out, locked the brakes and slammed our rear sending us to the pits for repairs. Our strategy was starting to work out and after starting 15th, falling back to 23, we had fought back up to the top 10.

The repairs sent us back to 35th and through the night and morning we clawed our way back to finishing position of 21st. This was an awesome experience, and allowed us to prepare for next year. When we win ;)

and then the crash :(
https://www.twitch.tv/acgschmuck/clip/V ... &sort=time

Sharpe

Re: iRacing 24h of Le Mans

Post by Sharpe » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:18 pm

Well done, Schmuck and the lads! Shame about the crash, better luck next year :nice:
Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel - to the last beat of the heart.

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:24 pm

Good shit boyos.
Here's the highlight of the race for anyone interested:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SullenInventiveJellyfishDxAbomb

Matt
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Sqn Cdr

Post by Matt » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:34 pm

Well done boys, was watching via the stream

Biggs

Post by Biggs » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:56 pm

It was a great 24 hours. Lots of stress but we maintained focus and finished strong. We all drove really consistently, even though we had a few mistakes.

cant wait to do more enduro with you guys.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:38 pm

It was a great experience guys, I really enjoyed taking part.

I was impressed with our performance, my first goal was for us just to finish but as it turns out we were competitive and but for that back marker hitting us we would have been at the top end of the grid, still 21st out of 60 odd cars is still a good result!

Wolf was super consistent, Schmucks first shift at night was a joy to behold, (quickest car on track in a heavily damaged car) whilst Biggs took on this challenge with hardly any race time under his belt and was ready in a matter of weeks, great job by LoSpeed Racing.

I must say the endurance racing really shows off what iracing can do, having to deal with changing track conditions on old tyres was a real challenge as was racing through day/night transitions.

Biggs

Post by Biggs » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:55 pm

Boyezee wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:38 pm
I must say the endurance racing really shows off what iracing can do, having to deal with changing track conditions on old tyres was a real challenge as was racing through day/night transitions.
Unfortunately the crash also showcased what iRacing can do... it was a fine example of what happens when you have to deal with someone with a bad connection and then having to deal with the rather inconsistent damage model... (I should say we dealt with and the guilty party nary got a scratch :veryangry:)

still the best virtual racing experience you can get tho...

Stay tunes race fans, next event Team LoSpeed will attend is a 6hr race at the end of June.

Cant wait!

Biggs

Post by Biggs » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:44 pm

Back again for another 24hrs of Le Mans! This year's race ended much better for us...

3RD PLACE OVERALL FINISH!!! :lux: :lux: :lux: :lux:

We drove the LMP1 class this year, in the Audi R18. Qualified 10th out of a class of 18(?). The number of cars on track in total was 55. As day turned to night, Boyezee guided our car into P1 overall before handing it over to Schmuck who unfortunately got crashed into by a slower GTE class Ferrari. We were in the pits for 8 minutes, putting us a few laps off the leader and down into 8th place. Schmuck and I clawed our way by into 4th before our stints were over. After handing it back to Wolf and Boyezee again, the two managed to fight back up to 3rd where we stayed for the remaining 8-9 hours of the race.

Incredible concentration and consistency on display by the team. We dealt with the inevitable adversity that comes with these endurance races and proved that we are capable of fighting with the best of them.

P1 and P2 requested a impromptu photo op at the end of the race. just a quick screenshot I took
Team LoSpeed is car #27 in the red/black/white AVIA livery on the right.

Time for a drink and a nap!

Crane

Post by Crane » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:24 pm

Great job guys! Looked into the live stream just as you pulled in to the pit for the 8min repair and I'm happy to hear that you kept at it and finished a fantastic third place!

Jaydog
Hauptmann
Hauptmann
Staffelkapitan

Post by Jaydog » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:25 pm

Sweet...looks like a great fun too

i9-9900k, 3.6 GHz, GeForce RTX 3090 FE, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB Samsung EVO SSD, 480 GB SSD, 1 TB SATA III Hard Drive, Windows 10, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick, Warthog Flight Stick, Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals; MFG Crosswinds, VR: Oculus Rift S/ Reverb G2 / Pimax Crystal