Leutnant
Adjutant
contributor

Re: Reverb G2

Post by Kit Pepper » Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:54 pm

Thaine wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:26 pm
Is the FOV modification worth it?

The FOV is smaller than I expected it. That's not a big problem for me though since everything else is great and I enjoy the experience. I prefer it to 2D gaming, and that not only for FlightSims, but also RacingSims and even Minecraft.

One main point for me is as well that the quality of head-tracking is way better. I got more and more annoyed with my TrackIR over the years. Especially since I use a 42" TV to game with and I'm sitting rather close to it. That means my TrackIR camera is rather high up at an unfortunate angle. That leads to the TrackIR often loosing contact and fucking up which is pretty annoying.

I took that plastic frame off my Reverb G2 and put the soft pad right on the headset with Velcro so my eyes are closer without that frame inbetween. And yes, it gives me a wider FOV, but additionally it cuts the 'scuba goggle' effect by about a third. So for me it is a simple effective mod that makes it look better. For me it was worth it.

And have the same problem you have with my Opentrack/Delan clip, with the contact going squirrely on me. Extremely annoying!