Racing Games

We don't just fly

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Schmuck

Racing Games

Post by Schmuck » Wed May 25, 2016 1:32 am

I had raced earlier with Biggs and Kildren in F1 2014, I had a lot of fun doing it and I think if we were to get the word out about racing games here we could have some serious fun. Thankfully there is a wide range of racing games on Steam at the moment. We have F1 2013 and 14, going to ignore the shit pile that is 2015, we can expect 2016 in the future, fingers crossed. We already have DiRT Rally, Project Cars, iRacing, Assetto Corsa, Race 07, and so on. I wanted to take the opportunity to kind of just spark up the racing conversation again to get people interested in the games so that we could in the future have some real proper races against each other. I thought this would also be a good way to let others know what racing games we all have so we can race.

I own:
F1 2013 [All DLC]
F1 2014
Race 07 [All DLC]
Assetto Corsa [All DLC]
DiRT Rally

Rowns

Re: Racing Games

Post by Rowns » Wed May 25, 2016 7:01 am

I have seen you playing some of those games on steam. And even I like to play racing games sometimes. Like Grid.

Pariah

Post by Pariah » Wed May 25, 2016 11:00 am

At the moment I don't have the space for steering wheel and pedals but if/when I move again I will have and don't mind the odd racing game.

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed May 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Ever done anything with iracing? I heard that's supposedly the king of racing sims atm.

Pariah

Post by Pariah » Wed May 25, 2016 2:32 pm

I have done. It was shortly before I joined up with you guys. Whilst the game was great I found quite a few of the people I raced with weren't gentleman. I found in one race I was off the pace and moving out of the way of the faster guys I was just getting a tirade of abuse about how I shouldn't be there. Now, this would be fine if it was a higher league but this was rookie level. The way the system works is the better you get you can start to advance up the ladder and race faster cars.

I found I wanted an online experience and then found this group and got to learn with people that didn't mind the fact I had no clue what I was doing.

Schmuck

Post by Schmuck » Wed May 25, 2016 8:58 pm

A few screenshots from my F1 2014 Race in Bahrain. I was using a Graphics Mod as well as an F1 2016 Mod for this race. It plays fantastic and looks even better. I was racing as the young Dutch Hero, Max Verstappen.

Rowns

Post by Rowns » Wed May 25, 2016 9:06 pm

The colors looks so weird. Also I can't wait for the next F1 race in Monaco this week.

Schmuck

Post by Schmuck » Wed May 25, 2016 9:14 pm

Racing in Italy, with a downpour of rain.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Thu May 26, 2016 11:08 am

Just the other day I was thinking about whether we could get some online racing set up in ACG, it would be a lot of fun to get together each week and race a different circuit - perhaps even a mini league of some sort.

Unfortunately I would be unlikely to make any weekend sessions so that would rule me out of doing anything with you guys from over the pond but if there were enough people that could make European evening sessions in the week that would be cool.

I have the following but I'm happy to purchase another game if people are racing it.

F1 2013
Project Cars

My steering wheel and pedals have sat collecting dust in the garage for the last couple of years and I have played the above games with a control pad with no issue, wheel and pedals is more fun but for people without that kit they could still race anyway.

I have heard a lot of good things about RFactor but haven't tried it yet.

*EDIT* I think Coopes does online racing, might be RFactor but I'm not sure

Rowns

Post by Rowns » Thu May 26, 2016 11:22 am

I am in for something like that but I don't have a racing wheel so I probably gonna drive it with keyboard controls. Just let me know which game and I would like to join.