Racing Games

We don't just fly

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Propnut

Re: Racing Games

Post by Propnut » Sat May 28, 2016 2:37 am

You might not get enough drivers for multiple leagues but I would be happy to join in Dirt Rally with you bunch, count me in.

Schmuck

Post by Schmuck » Sat May 28, 2016 2:46 am

That was my thought, I'm down for the DiRT Rally and a bit of F1 from time to time. I think the DiRT rally did multiplayer right, it automatically divides you up into different heats it's pretty awesome

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Sat May 28, 2016 8:04 am

The only snag is that I suspect it will be very hard to get European and Americans together at the same time, once we have settled on a game I'm going to propose an event mid-week in the evening which I would imagine would not be possible for you guys from over the pond, which is a shame because our numbers will be lower as a result.

We could do it at the weekend but then attendance is likely to be sporadic and unpredictable which would lead to the event petering out if the same guys cannot attend on a regular basis.

Biggs

Post by Biggs » Sat May 28, 2016 3:32 pm

Just wanted to say I bought DirtRally yesterday and it's easily going to become my new addiction.

It feels just like how Richard Burns Rally used to feel. All I need to do now is save for a decent wheel/pedal combo.

Oh and I have F12014 for those interested

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Sat May 28, 2016 5:40 pm

Rally might have the advantage that one could split up the event according to the time zones, isn't it? Since it's basically a race against the time. That would make it easier to coordinate between american and european time zones. I always liked Rally.

But of course racing against each other one a round course in a F1 machine or Tourism car would be nice as well.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Propnut

Post by Propnut » Sat May 28, 2016 6:56 pm

With dirt rally I think we are talking about rally cross races, pvp on short courses.

Biggs

Post by Biggs » Sat May 28, 2016 7:10 pm

Propnut wrote:With dirt rally I think we are talking about rally cross races, pvp on short courses.
Hey, why not both?

The rally stage stuff could be posted say for the week. We choose a stage and at the end of the week, best time wins. We can post vids or pics of our stage times. That way we don't have to worry about timezones like thaine said.

RallyX would obviously be more difficult to schedule but I'm sure we could manage something

Schmuck

Post by Schmuck » Sat May 28, 2016 7:16 pm

Yeah just post screenshots I suppose, there may be a race against your friends and it compares them for you but I may be wrong. And I agree that we should split up the times, it seems we have a good amount of people interested, and those who could make the other times could attend the the EU, and vice versa. I'm more so interested in the Rally cross stuff I love the racing aspect and the Super Cars are nuts

Propnut

Post by Propnut » Sat May 28, 2016 8:37 pm

I think there is a website that will automatically record your times in a private ladder. You have to register your Steam ID, etc.

I will see if I can find it again.

Schmuck

Post by Schmuck » Sat May 28, 2016 10:23 pm

Propnut wrote:I think there is a website that will automatically record your times in a private ladder. You have to register your Steam ID, etc. I will see if I can find it again.
That would be awesome thank you