ACG DiRT Rally league

We don't just fly

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Broadsword

Re: ACG DiRT Rally league

Post by Broadsword » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:04 pm

In my case I'm listed as using assists because I don't have a clutch pedal so I have to leave auto clutch on.
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Sabre

Post by Sabre » Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Broadsword wrote:In my case I'm listed as using assists because I don't have a clutch pedal so I have to leave auto clutch on.
Well I'll be in that situation too. I'll take a look at the settings when I get home. Should ABS be off then?
No.111 (Fighter) Squadron - "Adstantes" - Standing by
"Worry only on the things you can influence and accept there are things beyond your control"

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:56 pm

I've not heard that we have a ruling on it, so I guess it's fair play.
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Biggs

Post by Biggs » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:05 pm

ive been using the assist that drives the car for you entirely... is that cool? :D

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:14 pm

I knew it!

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:35 am

Ugh - just did stage four. Managed to crash 3 times :(

Biggs

Post by Biggs » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:44 am

not going to be able to finish the event tonight :(

see you on the next one! ... hopefully it lasts more than 3 days.

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:48 am

sorry to hear that Biggs.

Next one is the last one. After that Frederf hopefully sets up a new event. He's still trying out things and it's important to tell him what works and what not. We're all still learning with this.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:08 am

Certainly more time is sensible to get as many people involved as possible - we all have busy lives and whilst 3-4 days over a weekend gives plenty of time, 3-4 days in the week often doesn't. Personally I'd be fine with one event a week, maybe Saturday to Saturday?

As for tuning and repairs, I don't know what's realistic but since you only get 30 minutes worth of repair time I'd assume you can nearly always fit that in before a stage, and tuning should be available for the first stage and then others as seems fair (ie if stage one is night and stage two is morning, there should be time for tuning, but if you have two midday sections (as in Germany this time) you might only have time for 30 mins of repairs but no tuning).

Frederf

Post by Frederf » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:05 am

I didn't get to Event 3 at all. The girlfriend comes over for the weekend and it just passes. I can set up the next season for one event per week. I got the impression that it was too far between for most people. Everyone seemed to eat up the events as fast as they became available. With next season the events are proper length so I'll edit them out to one per week instead of two.

Tuning doesn't subtract from service time. You can't have tuning without a service area, but you can have a service area without tuning.

Please let me know what you see for the scheduled start-stop times for the next season. I had to enter "18:00" and "17:00" for "01:00" and "00:00" times respectively. I do not know exactly how it is handling time zones.

SEASON 3 --- JUNE 26th THROUGH JULY 24TH

Season length is four events over four weeks, minus one hour break between events. Each event is able to be restarted and repeated during its duration. Owned cars are permitted. Personal race engineers are in effect. Tuning is permitted only before the first stage of each event. A service area is provided at the mid point of each event for time-limited repairs. A checkpoint is provided at the beginning of the event and at the service area for save & quit purposes or computer crashes, power outages, etc. Expected total event times are 32 minutes for the rally events.

Dual-class restrictions are being introduced and are based previous season performance. Competitors named are restricted to the alternate class for each event. Competitors not-named are permitted to use either standard or alternate.

EVENTS 1-3
Standard: Group A
Alternate: 1970s
Restricted: Frederf, Biggs

EVENT 4
Standard: Hill Climb Modern
Alternate: Hill Climb Classic
Restricted: Frederf, Biggs

EVENT 1: MONACO
26/06/2016 01:00 - 03/07/2016 00:00
Rally

The first stage is a lengthy midday climb up the eastern slope toward the Col de Turini or highest point on the course. The second and third stages are a winding descent from the pass to the western-most extent of the route where the teams reunite with their support vehicles for service and a deserved rest. The latter half of the event is a return along the day's route into the evening. The fourth stage covers the same road as stages two and three and the climb back to the pass in a single stint. The fifth and six short stages retrace the first stage down the eastern slope of the mountain back to the start.

Monte Carlo is predominately a tarmac rally with plenty of opportunities for blistering speed. However the narrow stone-walled roads do not tolerate idle mistakes and snowy conditions at higher elevations are drastically different than sunny pavement. Gearing and brakes must compromise for equal performance during climbing and descents. The driver able to execute controlled drifts around the course's many hairpins will gain precious seconds. Car control won't be enough if bravery during fast segments is not tempered with caution and precision on tricky unforgiving blind corners and unexpected surface changes.