Google Earth VR

We don't just fly

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Thaine

Re: Google Earth VR

Post by Thaine » Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:36 pm

Having taken the red pill (or was it the blue one), I am with Donkey and Broadsword on this. Only that I don't have the money at the moment and don't know when I'm going to have it. We are planning to buy a house on the long run. The boys and my wife want a video console first, so that has priority this christmas. And I would need to buy a better graphics card as well. But it is planned, and as soon as I have the spare money lying around I'll make the purchase.

I intend to play BoX with it, X-plane and P3D, Dirt Rally, Tabletop Simulator. There's some games that I have that are VR ready, and I hope for more to come.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:20 pm

It's also worth getting Universe Sandbox² - the feeling of picking up asteroids and flinging them at the Earth is extremely cathartic after a hard day at work :D

http://universesandbox.com/
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:18 pm

Don't forget Zombie Training Simulator! That's cheap and simple but has surprising longevity.

TacticalWargamer

Post by TacticalWargamer » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:03 pm

Hey guys.....Newbie to the forums.....Just wondering - had a great first training session with Vanguard last night. What a true gent!! Just learning the basics.
Curious noted this topic. Have the VR set from HTC/VIVE what flight sim would you suggest?
Love to fly with this well know adult like group but does Cliffs of Dover has such support? Should I be looking for Stalingrad? Have a track IR system about 4 years old also.

TacticalWargamer

Post by TacticalWargamer » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:09 pm

Bunny wrote:My main problem is I only really have time to play CloD, sad isn't it. I have Elite, but there's just no spare time at the moment, and also DCS - same problem - and ARMA 3, Farming Simulator etc. If Clod went VR then I would be seriously tempted, but if Clod went VR *and* the next gen came out, then I'm in quicker than a shaved and lubricated ferret up the proverbial. For now I shall just dream of what could be if I had some spare time (unless of course I *need* to buy one for work reasons...then why the hell not!).
Ah.....sorry missed this one. Clod has no VR support. Too bad :(

Onebad

Post by Onebad » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:58 pm

TacticalWargamer wrote:Love to fly with this well know adult like group
Ughhh, when are we telling him? :D

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:07 pm

TacticalWargamer wrote:
Bunny wrote:My main problem is I only really have time to play CloD, sad isn't it. I have Elite, but there's just no spare time at the moment, and also DCS - same problem - and ARMA 3, Farming Simulator etc. If Clod went VR then I would be seriously tempted, but if Clod went VR *and* the next gen came out, then I'm in quicker than a shaved and lubricated ferret up the proverbial. For now I shall just dream of what could be if I had some spare time (unless of course I *need* to buy one for work reasons...then why the hell not!).
Ah.....sorry missed this one. Clod has no VR support. Too bad :(

It will have it in the end.

Btw I enabled your account "Tactical Gamer" but I guess I should delete that now?

Jailor

Post by Jailor » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:50 pm

Took the plunge and got the rift a few months ago at £399 with touch controls. Love VR and hope I am still breathing when Blitz goes VR, ho hum, wait for it!

Just bought Project 2 Cars on Steam. Wow a brilliant SIM.