Tannenberg

We don't just fly

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Broadsword

Tannenberg

Post by Broadsword » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:09 pm

For anyone who played Verdun, the WW1 FPS set on the Western Front, you might want to take a look at the 'Tannenberg', a WW1 FPS set on the Eastern Front :D

They've just opened it for early access on Steam, and I appreciate that some of you might prefer to wait for the finished article, but I have to say that my first impressions are very good. It looks and sounds lovely, rewards strategic and team play, offers 64 player battles with bot support if desired, and is generally a blast. What it really needs is to become insanely popular so that this kind of 'historic' FPS can become the norm instead of the Call of Duty nonsense. And it costs eleven quid. So, you know, come on... :D
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Meaker

Re: Tannenberg

Post by Meaker » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:40 am

Thanks for the heads up Broady :D ,will definately look at this,looks like it must have been done by the same peeps who made Verdun which IMO is pure class,here's a gameplay overview I picked out of Youtube to give the full flavour.

This is my sort of game,love the 64 player game feature,the charge scenes are bloody awesome,a far cry,as you point out from the Call Of Duty nonsense'.

A no brainer IMO,and as you say at £11 it's gotta be worth a go.

Pariah

Post by Pariah » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:03 pm

Ooo, colour me interested. I may well grab this. This is the sort of FPS I want to be playing.

Bully

Post by Bully » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:15 pm

Meaker wrote: This is my sort of game,love the 64 player game feature,the charge scenes are bloody awesome,a far cry,as you point out from the Call Of Duty nonsense'.
Call of Duty nonsense? I single-handedly blew up a German armoured train and killed 100+ German soldiers without taking more than a scratch from the crack German troops who were unable to hit me for 20 yards with an MP40. Now if that isn't realistic, I don't know what is.......

Meaker

Post by Meaker » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:36 pm

:lol: ......Now come on Bully,how many German soldiers ? lol.......Well.as an old mate of 501 Sqn,I'm not doubting ya mate :D

Oh BTW re the Call Of Duy nonsense sentiment,that came from our buddy Broady not me.........right,slate cleared ! phew,brow wiped,and I'm outta here.

Javelina

Post by Javelina » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:09 pm

glad I picked this up. it's a great addition!
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850P2 PSU, PointCTRL

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:49 pm

Bully wrote:
Meaker wrote: This is my sort of game,love the 64 player game feature,the charge scenes are bloody awesome,a far cry,as you point out from the Call Of Duty nonsense'.
Call of Duty nonsense? I single-handedly blew up a German armoured train and killed 100+ German soldiers without taking more than a scratch from the crack German troops who were unable to hit me for 20 yards with an MP40. Now if that isn't realistic, I don't know what is.......
It is. Look at the end of the "realistic" movie Fury. There, one sherman can take out a whole SS battalion, because they never learned to flank. If they can, so can Bully.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Donkey
Pilot Officer
Pilot Officer
Adjutant
Staff

Post by Donkey » Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:30 pm

Thaine wrote: It is. Look at the end of the "realistic" movie Fury. There, one sherman can take out a whole SS battalion, because they never learned to flank. If they can, so can Bully.
True dat. I would imagine that with enough beer inside of him he's probably unstoppable.

Steph

Post by Steph » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:18 pm

Great thing Broady! Glad I had time to check this section of the forum!!!

It will most certainly join Verdun in my Steam Library. Much to my bank account demise might I add... :D

Pariah

Post by Pariah » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:18 pm

I’ve played a bit of this. I must say though I suck. I get shot dead within the first few minutes and have problem telling friend from foe.