Vietnam DLC

Premier FPS for wannabe war-zone enthusiasts

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Konaber

Vietnam DLC

Post by Konaber » Mon May 10, 2021 8:45 pm

Anyone have it and want to give it a try online? Quite popular at the moment online.

Spigot

Re: Vietnam DLC

Post by Spigot » Mon May 10, 2021 8:50 pm

Yes but I need to buy it, probably this week.

Konaber

Post by Konaber » Tue May 11, 2021 8:12 am

Spigot wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 8:50 pm
Yes but I need to buy it, probably this week.
It's on discount right now, 2 days left! ;)

Spigot

Post by Spigot » Tue May 11, 2021 3:25 pm

I bought it, hoping to have a session around 2000 GMT if you want to hop on.

Vietkong

Post by Vietkong » Sun May 23, 2021 12:05 pm

Go home

Kurse

Post by Kurse » Mon May 24, 2021 9:37 pm

I'm looking for chaps to play it with.

Robert98

Post by Robert98 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:19 am

I've lost the first few hours, but I'm already very impressed with the add-on developers. The servers are full of players, the Vietnam conquest mode is very well done in the multiplayer version. The enemies are intelligent and the bushes start talking when you least expect it. The whole thing is vivid and you can't see the artificiality of the game - on the contrary, it brims with realism. Personally, I got stressed out and didn't know where the reload button was when an enemy was firing at me from the middle of the jungle, shot comrades were groaning in pain on the ground, and loud helicopters were flying over my head. Very good weapon mechanics, choosing the right sounds increases the immersion and makes you feel like a real soldier, taking part in the conflict. Opponents talk to each other. While performing various actions, player characters speak charismatic dialogues. When we shoot, we feel realistic recoil. The jungle is alive, we can hear every rustle, breeze and whisper of the enemy. Falling shell casings let us know that someone is nearby. In addition, the developers have added a system of eating food and drinking water - at first I was not convinced to it. But after a while of playing, it turned out that it is very well balanced. It doesn't tire the player, but adds an element of realism. When I and a squad of my English-speaking comrades were ambushed by the Vietcong, I was wounded while moving along a road on the outskirts of Saigon. A friendly team came to my aid and rescued the few survivors of the attack. My character, after bleeding for a few minutes, had to replenish fluids to regain strength for further patrol. When the enemy attacked again - we radioed for air support. The jungle was on fire, and the visuals and sound design gave me the opportunity to feel the heat of the scorched earth on my face.