Our Arma 3 AliVE server is up and working

Premier FPS for wannabe war-zone enthusiasts

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Hindsight

Our Arma 3 AliVE server is up and working

Post by Hindsight » Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:45 pm

So, the server is up, running and ready to go. It has 15 slots and has several mod requirements. If you are interested, you can follow the link below to get yourself setup to play.

http://aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =75&t=3660

We will be getting together during the weekends, getting some co-op stuff going. Alive provides an intelligent and dynamic enemy commander, generates random missions all the time and features much more realistic AI (less standing around AND also less... uh... laser beam aim). It is a blast and there are many roles to choose from.

A little bit of smart is much more effective than a lot of stupid

Javelina

Re: Our Arma 3 AliVE server is up and working

Post by Javelina » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:25 pm

cool beans! I'll catch you ArmA dudes this weekend!

-Jav
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850P2 PSU, PointCTRL

Goat

Post by Goat » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:06 am

That new mission was a pretty cool one. I just wish I had taken a different loadout. I don't really like the bolt action sniper rifle in the pitch black of night. A red dot sight is probably the best option for this kind of operation. The old school original Armed Assault maps are very well done... Overall, BI makes some solid maps.

Hindsight

Post by Hindsight » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:33 am

Ya, That last map was just thrown together in a few minutes. Luke and I are already looking at creating loadouts. I dont like the idea of putting an armory into the map but if everyone else does, we can consider it.
A little bit of smart is much more effective than a lot of stupid

Javelina

Post by Javelina » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:41 am

that new mission and map is pretty cool. looking forward to giving it another go!

-Jav
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850P2 PSU, PointCTRL

Goat

Post by Goat » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:30 am

For something that was just thrown together it was great.

Putting in an armory wouldn't be a bad idea because it would save you time on creating loadouts, but on the other hand you would lose some fidelity when it comes to realism.

If you want to keep the mission as a night op and without an armory, I can help to write some scripts for the loadouts to keep them realistic. :joyman:

When it comes down to it, I really fucking love Arma. I also like playing with people from ACG because they're not a bunch of raging cunts. I feel like I can take the game kind of seriously, but not too seriously, and be myself.