ARMA 3 Life?

Premier FPS for wannabe war-zone enthusiasts

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Geordie

ARMA 3 Life?

Post by Geordie » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:01 pm

So I've been doing a bit of "research" on the interwebs and I've stumbled across ARMA 3: Life.

Now I know it's not what ARMA was designed for however, after looking at videos it looks like with a group it could be a lot of fun! Have any of your guys tried it yet? If so what were you thoughts?

Kenzo - Soon to be Geordie
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Sokka

Re: ARMA 3 Life?

Post by Sokka » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:54 pm

How much research did you do?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.p ... violations

Short version: unauthorized use of community mods and third party assets (intellectual property theft) and shady monetization etc. Can't really say about this specific one though, but tried "Altis life" for 3 minutes and binned it along with the other 3rd person cyst pits. But to each his own I suppose.

Hindsight

Re: ARMA 3 Life?

Post by Hindsight » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:38 pm

ARMA life is a pretty interesting mod but it is a HUGE resource hog. Also, because it isnt the most popular mod, everyone plays on just a few servers. Most everything in the game is player controlled so you need ALOT of people. It is not uncommon to see 100 person servers. Also, the game is an enormous time sink. With our missions, they may take a couple of hours but for the guys that cannot stick around all day, that is much more palatable. Also as Sokka pointed out, there are all kinds of issues with the mod creators. Im going to have to vote no on this one. I think our niche here is to create squad level missions that provide variety in terrain and goals.
A little bit of smart is much more effective than a lot of stupid