Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: ArmA 3 - Breaking Point

Post by Dickie » Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:44 pm

If you guys can put up with it then I'm sure we'll get much better soon enough. Then we'll be setting up ambushes and stuff like that :nice:

Hindsight

Post by Hindsight » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:21 pm

Yup, if people remain interested.
A little bit of smart is much more effective than a lot of stupid

Rowns

Post by Rowns » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:37 pm

I still am, I just hope we can regroup faster and some people should take it more serious.

Hindsight

Post by Hindsight » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:59 pm

Thank you Rowns, I dont want to be the only guy who is getting pissed off and bitching at people because they are dicking around the whole time. It is exhausting trying to get 10 guys to work together for 3-4 hours when they constantly do things they shouldn't.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:26 pm

Not just me then, that is why I left the last session, it wasn't immersive or tactical, just felt like saturday night pissing around, which is cool for some games but I think with BP it doesn't mesh well.

Hindsight

Post by Hindsight » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:40 pm

No, it's not just you Boyezee. The way I have been trying to frame this in my mind is that the first couple/few sessions should allow for leniency. I know that people are new to Arma and BP adds even more complexity onto that. I realize that sitting around in some trees is boring but that is not the goal, it is a side effect of trying to get new guys into playing this. But, I hope that people realize that this game needs to be taken seriously. People should not be popping shots off, throwing chem-lights and alarm clocks or things like that. If we wipe because we got outplayed or a bad tactical decision was made, that may cause anger but that is a reasonable reason to die. Getting killed after spending a couple hours gearing up because people are bored and not shooting often enough and decide to fuck around is definitely something I look down upon. If people don't want to play in that manner, maybe we should look into a different mod to play. If guys do want to continue then maybe some rules should be implemented.

1) I know some of you guys think of this as a zombie apocalypse scenario but really, its about other people and the dangers they pose.

2) Do not shoot zombies just cause they are getting close to you. You should be able to avoid them 95+% of the time.

3) Do not randomly fire weapons. Weapons produce noise, noise attracts other players. When a server is populated, even a map like Chernaraus has people around you at all times.

4) Call shots. If we are moving and we see someone and you want to kill them, don't just fire. You need to call shots, if you fire without warning, you are going to create confusion and probably piss some of your teammates off. Once a firefight has begun, this rule is moot.

5) Be aware of your movement, and how much cover you have. This should be self explanatory but in case it isn't, use cover as often as possible. when you stop moving, sit in a bush or tree and once you have stopped, be very aware that people in general are very good at noticing sudden movement. I.E. if we are sitting on the edge of a treeline, being still is very effective because you are unlikely to be seen and if you are, it is probably because you are not positioned well. Sitting in trees and then getting bored and rolling around in circles equals movement which will catch someones eye if they are scanning our treeline.

6) Know when to shut the fuck up. If someone calls "clear comms" while you are in the middle of a sentence, this is not an invitation for you to get pissed off and assume they are trying to silence whatever hilarious thing you think you are about to say. It is a tactical decision and EVERYONE needs to stop talking when that is called. It is not an attack on you or a challenge to your manliness. Would any of you continue talking shit in a campaign mission when you approach a combat zone and your staffel/squadron leader asks you to keep to combat comms? No, you wouldn't.

There are probably a dozen more things I could list here but these imo are the most important. Again, if people do not like the idea of having to adhere to these rules then perhaps this mod is not going to workout for us or perhaps we should split into a group of guys that want to play this way and a group of guys that just want to sprint around the map getting their dicks shot off.

Rowns

Post by Rowns » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:52 pm

Also what I am gonna do next time, the one that trows a light stick when it is dark is gonna get a bullet.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:59 pm

And his shit nicked.

I play PR, it's a discipline game. I don't like XP grinding games with powerups.

Kondor

Post by Kondor » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:41 am

I've finally pushed myself to get Arma3 and this mod. Played it last night for 2 or 3 hours to see what I need to know, get grip of game's mechanics etc. Suffered severe paranoia multiple times. Do you, Guys, still keep playing it?
"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, He will not fail you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:29 pm

Lots of players with it but zero organisation despite some meaningful attempts. Since then it has died. My character is hiding under a bush somewhere, he's been there for a couple of months.....