Permanent ARMA 3 Server

Premier FPS for wannabe war-zone enthusiasts

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Vonhye

Re: Permanent ARMA 3 Server

Post by Vonhye » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:12 pm

Berethor wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:11 pm

Is there a requirement for certain dlcs? I'm lacking jets, tanks, apex and laws of war.
I would say no. For units, we can use RHS stuff (except tanks, which are still broken as far as I know, but vanilla tanks are enough) and CUP Terrains adds quite a lot of Terrains, so there would be no need for APEX DLC.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:26 pm

DLC isn't required I wouldn't worry about that.

I still haven't had time to dig out my server yet. Hoping to get some time this weekend and start settings things up. Sadly these things can take a while. Watch this space.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Goat

Post by Goat » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:17 pm

Geordie wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:26 pm

I still haven't had time to dig out my server yet. Hoping to get some time this weekend and start settings things up. Sadly these things can take a while. Watch this space.
A solid dynamic mission can take up to 100 hours to create. This is not a trivial undertaking.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:11 am

Goat wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:17 pm
Geordie wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:26 pm

A solid dynamic mission can take up to 100 hours to create. This is not a trivial undertaking.
I'm thinking of using a pre-made one for now just to get it up and running.

I will be making a custom mission for us to use so I will be taking ideas and suggestions on what you guys would like to use.

Plus, When I do these things I get a lot of my Netflix watching done on my second monitor. Silver lining and all that.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Goat

Post by Goat » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:14 pm

Unless they've added shit I have respawn, paradrop insertion, loadout selection/customization on respawn, and music scripts in .txt files for you.

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:10 pm

Goat wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:14 pm
Unless they've added shit I have respawn, paradrop insertion, loadout selection/customization on respawn, and music scripts in .txt files for you.
If you could throw them over to me some time that would be fantastic! Is this using the ALIVE items?

Drifter

Post by Drifter » Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:56 pm

Is this still a thing?

“And like no other sculpture in the history of art, the dead engine and dead airframe come to life at the touch of a human hand, and join their life with the pilot's own.”
― Richard Bach, A Gift Of Wings

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:21 am

Sadly the PC I was going to use for a server turned into my full time PC since my gaming laptop decided to overheat and not run anything. I'm in the process of looking at running an ARMA server from my Laptop but I've been hectic at work and the last thing I want to do is piss about with computers when I get home. I'll be looking into it over Xmas.