Permanent ARMA 3 Server

Premier FPS for wannabe war-zone enthusiasts

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Geordie

Re: Permanent ARMA 3 Server

Post by Geordie » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:54 pm

Goat wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:34 pm
I'd be down for this. I have a few extra PCs that can run an Arma server and I have the bandwidth as well. I'm also willing to share my cache of RHS ALiVE missions from back in the day.
Lets have a chat pn TS and sort something
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

BlackDog

Post by BlackDog » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:17 pm

Gents...

Talking to Mezza the other night, apparently this is VERY good... and something I have fancied playing for a long time!
https://www.armanam.eu/

A proper Vietnam mod of Arma3, I think it would suit our crowd very well!

:salute:
BD
We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go always a little further; it may be beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow across that angry or that glimmering sea

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:15 pm

I looked at something like that a while ago but never got a chance to try it out. It's something I'll have a further look into.

I haven't had time to dig out my old computer sadly as my Laptop had decided to have overheating problems so my main machine is taking priority at the moment. I'm hoping to dig it out some time this week and get cracking with it. (If I can fix my laptop that is).

I'll keep you all updated and let you know. In the mean time, if there is any mods, missions you guys want to run please let me know.

NOTE: I AM NOT having a massive mod list on the server. People can not be bothered to downloads Gbs and Gbs of data and I quite frankly do not want to download a lode of crap that we may only use once or twice.

The list So far is the RHS packs and ALIVE. There is more than enough content in these packs to keep us busy for a long time.
I mean, I had fast motor cars and fast motor bikes, and when I wasn't crashing airplanes, I was crashing motor bikes. It's all part of the game — Sir Harry Broadhurst

Mezza

Post by Mezza » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:01 am

cant recommend it enough i mainly play arma (acre/ace) with a mil group we just had an op over the weekend on unsung.. so as i had it installed i looked into some public servers most run Evolution blue i had to disable all my mods so you only need Unsung to play it.
plenty of A/C F4s, A-1, A-4, A-7, C47, UH-1 as for the missions you have to blow up the tower in the middle of an enemy zone the AI are great they are really good in their aim but as its nam you can easily take cover and lay some lead down (they can be killed) solo'd 2 platoons....grenades followed by m16 then called an off-map airstrike on a t-34 after i missed with the LAW.

(edit)
all thats needed is arma3 and the mod 12.1gb
if in doubt try it yourself and see what you think..

Geordie

Post by Geordie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:11 pm

Vonhye

Post by Vonhye » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:02 pm

Vietnam sure sounds nice, but I'd say people prefer modern-day, because it allows for a bit more variety. But we can have a vote to see what is liked. Also I agree with Geordie, more mods you have, the less people want to play. I would suggest:

RHS (all packs) - As said as Geordie, all we need is there.
CBA - Needed by everything
Alive - As said by Geordie
CUP TERRAINS (core + maps) - Chernarus and Takistan are compatible with Alive and they are both quite nice maps. It would give us something else to enjoy then Mediterranean. Especially since I am not sure if all of us have Tanoa.
ACE - Better interaction system (join team etc), better vehicle repairing, better medical system (we should use Basic Medical, it should be exactly what we need), we can make us take more damage before dying etc...

OPTIONAL FOR CLIENTS, NOT NEEDED TO JOIN THE SERVER:
ShackTac - better HUD
Enhaced Movement - leaping over walls, climbing to rooftops.
Achilles - If somebody wants to be Zeus and make mission bit more interesting, Achilles adds tons of features (Garrison building, suicide bombers, CAS modules etc...) which make his task much easier

That's my two cents. :salute:

Rowns

Post by Rowns » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:40 am

I 100% agree

Double

Post by Double » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:20 am

Rowns wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:40 am
I 100% agree
We don't care if "green" guys agree. :shock:

Obviously kidding. Nice to see you Rowns. How have you been my friend?

:salute: DS
"I hate being bipolar, it's fucking awesome!

Berethor

Post by Berethor » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:11 pm

I would love to join this as well. I got arma for ages now without having it played much due to not wanting to join yet another gaming group.

Is there a requirement for certain dlcs? I'm lacking jets, tanks, apex and laws of war.

Rowns

Post by Rowns » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:28 pm

Double wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:20 am
Rowns wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:40 am
I 100% agree
We don't care if "green" guys agree. :shock:

Obviously kidding. Nice to see you Rowns. How have you been my friend?

:salute: DS
Hejj Double, I am alright working night shifts. Haven't really played alot of games the last few months.