New SH5 Forum

If underwater mayhem is your game then come here

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Black

Re: New SH5 Forum

Post by Black » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:29 pm

Thaine wrote:
Black wrote:Bloody hell, registered at subsim to get some mods which make the game more enjoyable, never got an activation email, can't post anything, can't download anything, I can't even change my account settings to try to get a new activation mail sent. It almost feels like Silent Hunter is trying very hard to piss me off :|

The main thing I am looking for is a mod to add a heading bar to the UI because constantly setting new waypoints on the map just to change the course is annoying. (I don't want to use my arrow keys for that). I know which mod to get, it's the SH5 Enhanced UI mod but as I said above I can't download it, does anyone have the files or know how to get them without subsim?
I have them Black. If you haven't solved the problem until I come home from work you get a download link from me.
That would be awesome! :)

Black

Post by Black » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:46 pm

Got the files and everything is working perfectly, thanks again Thaine. You might just have saved my SH5 future :D

Bubi

Post by Bubi » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:55 pm

Black,

Glad to hear you're running. Care to list what you've loaded and the order?
I plan on being lock step with THAINE for MP compatibility.
Do you fly with the ACG?
"Train as you fight, fight as you train"

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:25 pm

Thaine, out of the mods you listed on the first page, do any of them remove hydrophone and visual contacts from the navigation map? I tried your mod setup instead of The Wolves of Steel and I have the same problem as before. It's making the game a bit unplayable for me, unfortunately.

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Fri Oct 17, 2014 6:55 pm

That would be NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith or NewUIs_7_4_2_RealNavigation. I'm not 100% sure. Try first with the real navigation one. The basic NewUIs_TDC is an important one, but you can tweak it a bit. I'll have a look at it.

In addition:
Have a look if "Update map contacts" in the options menu is still doing it job. And you have to be submerged to use the hydrophone.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Black

Post by Black » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:01 pm

Bubi wrote:Black,

Glad to hear you're running. Care to list what you've loaded and the order?
I plan on being lock step with THAINE for MP compatibility.
Do you fly with the ACG?
I do not use the mod enabler, I prefer the oldschool copy paste/replace method :lol:

Currently I just use the new UI, might try other mods soon.

I was a member of the ACG until my interest in CloD died almost one year ago and so I left, I am still around spamming this forum and annoying people on TS though (mostly Robo, if I see the bugger). ;)

Bubi

Post by Bubi » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:48 pm

That has inherent value.
Harass the Tommie's is good sport.

Dave

Post by Dave » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:00 pm

Thaine wrote:That would be NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith or NewUIs_7_4_2_RealNavigation. I'm not 100% sure. Try first with the real navigation one. The basic NewUIs_TDC is an important one, but you can tweak it a bit. I'll have a look at it.

In addition:
Have a look if "Update map contacts" in the options menu is still doing it job. And you have to be submerged to use the hydrophone.
Oh my do I feel daft now. I forgot about the update map contacts bit in the options. I assumed it was a mod that changed it. Is it possible to customize the difficulty for campaigns then? Because I didn't see one when I started.

Thaine

Post by Thaine » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:13 pm

Dave wrote:
Thaine wrote:That would be NewUIs_TDC_7_4_2_ByTheDarkWraith or NewUIs_7_4_2_RealNavigation. I'm not 100% sure. Try first with the real navigation one. The basic NewUIs_TDC is an important one, but you can tweak it a bit. I'll have a look at it.

In addition:
Oh my do I feel daft now. I forgot about the update map contacts bit in the options. I assumed it was a mod that changed it. Is it possible to customize the difficulty for campaigns then? Because I didn't see one when I started.
You can change the difficulty when you start your career. But it offers you only presets. Once you're on the boat it's set. To change it to your liking you have to do it while in dock. That means while you can run around talk to your equipment/torpedo guy or the high brass from BdU. ;) Another quirk of SH5. Hoorayy!
I had a similar problem. I play wilth full realism but would like to have outside views enabled for screenshots. Still, it could be that one of the mods is overriding the map contacts. (Real Navigation for example works by replacing the submarine image for the map with an empty one.)
Try first by enabling options. Then remove RealNavigation. Test and see if you have contacts when submerged, deeper than 9m. I'll have a look at the userconfig of the NewUIs mod. I can do that earliest tomorrow, I'm at work right now until tomorrow 0615z.
Fractal Design Define R6 / Gigabyte Z390 AORUS MASTER / Intel i9-9900K / 32 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX2080Ti / WD Black SN750 / Corsair Hydro H100i RGB Platinum / Corsair RM850x / WINDOWS 10 / LG 42LE5300 / TrackIR / HP Reverb G2 / Saitek AV8R-MK3 / Saitek ProFlight Throttle Quadrant / Saitek ProFlight Rudder Paddels / Saitek ProFlight Cessna Trim Wheel

Bubi

Post by Bubi » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:31 am

I need some clearity on the versions of SH5 out there to be had...

1. Steam Download (online version, needs an internet connection to run)

2. DVD Online (essentially the same as the Steam Download, but on DVD CDROM)

3. SH5 "boxed" Version (which has the DRM removed)

I own the first two, but I have not found the boxed version. Where can the boxed version be found?

This I do know, you can run the Steam version off the Uplay site, change the settings from ONLINE to OFFLINE, and SH5 will play offline. But still its the Steam version and its reportedly not as patch friendly as the boxed version. (The no-DRM version of the SH5 EXE file can be patched because the Steam software isnt hiding the real SH5.exe in a packed when not running.)

Who can clear this up?