DCS WW2 RRG cease involvement, ED takes over

Vintage realism

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Robo

Re: DCS WW2 RRG cease involvement, ED takes over

Post by Robo » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:09 pm

Vukac wrote:And at the end, I'll buy every module that gets out.
Same here mate. Ilya is a very nice guy, but a bit 'wishy washy' unfortunately :D

Vranac

Post by Vranac » Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:45 pm

Atreides wrote:I do feel sorry for that Russian guy, however from post 1 of the updates he often said things like now we first are going to take a break or now it's a Russian Holiday. Also the problems in the Ukraine are a very bad excuse, since I doubt most people in Moscow will notice anything from that except on the news. He was very motivated but took more than he could handle.
I don't like this kind of statements, we don't know what really happened. It's very strange that when a kickstarter money runs out he got fired or left. Do you work on holidays in Denmark ? Some of the guys are from Ukraine. They didn't have problems with 3D modeling which was the main task of RRG team. DCS:WWII was his idea. Oleg and Ilya know how to make popular and good sim.
Does ED know that ?

Vlerkies

Post by Vlerkies » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:22 pm

Vranac wrote:
Atreides wrote:I do feel sorry for that Russian guy, however from post 1 of the updates he often said things like now we first are going to take a break or now it's a Russian Holiday. Also the problems in the Ukraine are a very bad excuse, since I doubt most people in Moscow will notice anything from that except on the news. He was very motivated but took more than he could handle.
I don't like this kind of statements
Fair enough, I don't like broken promises either.

I wish him well, and hope ED can make good on it all.

Atreides

Post by Atreides » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:07 am

Vranac wrote:
I don't like this kind of statements, we don't know what really happened. It's very strange that when a kickstarter money runs out he got fired or left. Do you work on holidays in Denmark ?
Vranac. I actually expressed sympathy for the man which can't be said for many reactions on this topic. You have to at least recognize that.
But don't forget, the promised weekly updates were first delayed and then suspended after the first problems in the development process. They themselves are responsible for us not knowing what was going on, thus leaving it open to speculation. He himself talked often about days off, starting at the conclusion of the kickstarter so even before the problems in the Ukraine. That was why I said this.

By the way, do I work on Holidays in Denmark? In Denmark you work for your Holiday for the next year, so now in my first year here I hardly get any days off at all. Don't assume things about me please, expecially when you say I shouldn't assume things about other people.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:39 am

Atreides wrote:Well, Wednesday is starting to become the regular ACG DCS evening. With the DCS-sale this week those evenings will be probably even more dynamic. :)

It does, and if you formalise this then I'll put it up on the website as an event

Atreides

Post by Atreides » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:12 am

I think there will be enough people motivated for that, and it is the future of WW2 flightsimming anyway :)

Random

Post by Random » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:44 am

I think we should have a chat with DoW about some form of collaboration. Perhaps a coop campaign? Their mission designs are EXCELLENT.

Robo

Post by Robo » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:50 am

Random wrote:I think we should have a chat with DoW about some form of collaboration. Perhaps a coop campaign? Their mission designs are EXCELLENT.
Definitely! They are all nice chaps and good pilots.

Vukac
Flight Sergeant
Flight Sergeant

Post by Vukac » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:31 am

My personal vision,is very nice battle flight. It's really real .
I coming to wednesday ;)
"Ideals are peaceful. History is violent."

Kraut

Post by Kraut » Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:20 pm

Atreides wrote:Well, Wednesday is starting to become the regular ACG DCS evening. With the DCS-sale this week those evenings will be probably even more dynamic. :)
Yes! I'm actually off work on Wednesdays. I'll have to make sure to get to bed early Tuesdays to join you guys. I'll try to make it starting this week.
Vukac wrote:I own almost all modules of DCS, and Backer WW2.My personal opinion is that everything will be OK.With Ilja I wrote a couple of times, he seemed like an unstable!For any questions not answered, and that is what made me suspicious. Vranac talked about.
And at the end, I'll buy every module that gets out.
I'm the same way, I've been a fan of ED for so long I have bought everything they offer just to support them. Everything they make is just phenomenal quality. I have every current module and fly most of them, though the Mi8 and the Ground forces are just not my style.

It seems that Belsimtek is a fantastic 3rd party dev as well. The Huey is my 2nd favorite thing to fly after the A10, I highly recommend it! Can't wait for their Sabre next month!

Edit: wow this post got me way off topic... I just love talking DCS :D