MW50 Injection WIP?

Vintage realism

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Redeye

Re: MW50 Injection WIP?

Post by Redeye » Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:44 pm

Osprey; I agree completely- and one of the points of the DCS 2.0 upgrade is improved performance and dedicated server support. Let's hope it comes into fruiton nicely.

ED are also doing a pretty good job of staying in touch with the community and listening to forum inputs. Actually- should it interest you- if you as the leader of ACG would write an email to Matt Wagner were you present ACG and its activities and plans for future expansion you could hardly do anything but good;) DCS are making a big thing of expanding ww2 wise. A possibility to recruit up towards 100 buyers of numerous modules should make you a prized costumer indeed;) In fact there is a pretty big chance he knows about ACG already.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:39 pm

Stig wrote:Provided they knew both sides of the equation, right?
Does that matter? What is enemy attrition to do with it? You sound like this has annoyed you, especially following that test thread and I don't get that. ACG are a historical group, nobody should give a rats bladder about getting caught up by an aircraft which, in real life, would catch you up. Anyone who wants history changed so they can 'get away' so they can pretend to be a 'great pilot' is in the wrong group.

BTW, don't be concerned at answering because i'm the founder, boss, big cheese, chief cunt, whatever, you are free to say what you think here without getting bollockings or bans and other shit, but I honestly don't want to hijack this thread anymore. All I ask is that you answer with fact and evidence, we're here for historical education.

@Redeye, noted :)

Bounder

Post by Bounder » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:09 am

Under the specifics of that argument Stig kind of has a point here which you've walked into Osprey :lol: If we are saying that the RAF knew they weren't going to be short of machines because production>destruction. That said, could the posts here in the Dora MW50 DCS thread that are about boost cut out in BoB and Cliffs be merged with the thread in the Cliffs section maybe?
My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).
Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5, & a bottle of Scotch.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:43 am

That's not the point I was making, that the engines were blowing up and production was good so that they replaced them. If your crews are failing to keep aircraft in the air due to BCO over-use and failure of replacement hardware then the Ministry would issue an order to cut that use out.

The fact is that the Merlin II and III types required an overhaul after 10 hours BCO, yes, 10 HOURS, and the Merlin XII 20 hours. This doesn't even mean it breaks, this means that it need major service. RR tested this on it's own test beds. The trouble is that some Luftwaffe people on other forums don't like getting shot and have taken that 5 mins rating as "the engine fails completely after 5 mins" - but it doesn't. These people just ruin the fucking game for everybody else.

DavidRed

Post by DavidRed » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:18 am

point is though, this doesnt happen in dcs.the engine will not fail after using wep more than 5min...that beeing said, its not impossible to kill it within that timeframe or even shorter either...it really depends on you how you treat your engine, and a little luck as well.there is no built in clock which counts the seconds, and then after 5min the engine goes bang.ive been flying the pony for more than 30min with WEP enabled coninuously, and there were no problems.as i kept the temps in good and healthy ranges.
in dcs if you treat the engine good, it will be good to you :), well except if you are extremely unlucky then there is still the very small chance, that even if you did everything right, the engine goes..just like in real life.

Mauf

Post by Mauf » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:14 pm

When the Spitfire (and hopefully one glorious day, the Hurricane) arrives in DCS, you should be able to take out the old manual and fly the thing and have it behave as described in it. I'm sure Osprey will lead the charge on this should he find inconsistencies there:)

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:20 pm

Ha ha! :D Indeed Mauf, and I'm certainly looking forward to it (the Hurricane, not slagging the FM lol)