Announcement: VEAO DCS Dehavilland Vampire & Gloster Meteor

Vintage realism

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Bounder

Announcement: VEAO DCS Dehavilland Vampire & Gloster Meteor

Post by Bounder » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:58 am

At the rate new aircraft are being announced for DCS we probably need a subthread section of the forums... anyways on to today's news: Link to Original Post
VEAO Ells on 19/09/2014

VEAO Simulations Ltd, London, England. 19 September 2014

VEAO Simulations Ltd are excited to announce that we are in contract to produce two British iconic jet aircraft for DCS; the Dehavilland Vampire and the Gloster Meteor within our Classic Jets Collection.

Vampire
The Dehavilland Vampire is a classic British jet which actually made its first flight in 1943, The variant we will be focusing on initially is the Fb5, a single seat fighter bomber which served with the RAF and a variety of other countries. Capable of carrying a variety of bombs or rockets or being equipped with fuel tanks for extra range, this twin boom fighter was utilised in the Royal Air Force for over a decade in a variety of roles including being the first jet powered aircraft to complete a carrier landing!

The Vampire saw combat in Malaya with the RAF as well as many smaller conflicts around the world with other air forces.

With a range of over 1200 miles the Vampire was a versatile and capable aircraft and we look forward to being able to present her to you in 2015!

Meteor
The Gloster Meteor was the first British jet fighter. Taking its first flight in 1943 the Meteor saw combat in World War 2 firstly with 616 Squadron. With nearly 4000 produced the affectionately nicknamed "Meatbox" due to its interesting aerodynamic behaviour was a favourite amongst fighter pilots for years.
Commonly mistaken for an Me262 in flight, the Meteor claimed over 40 confirmed kills during the war so can you survive the gauntlet of being the first to engage the enemy successfully in combat?

We will be focussing on the F3 Variant of the Meteor, armed with 4 x 20mm cannons and a variety of bombs and rockets the Meteor is capable of completing a variety of missions.

Give yourself the chance to fly the first operational Allied Jet aircraft. We look forward to bringing the Gloster Meteor to DCS in 2015!

Development Team
The Vampire and Meteor will both be fully interactive Advanced Systems Modelled (ASM) cockpits and External Flight Models (EFM) to Professional level.

New forums will be opened up shortly so keep an eye out for the first iterations of eye candy.

We also have a new team set up to deliver these iconic aircraft and future aircraft in the collection, so as not to impede work on existing and other future projects.

Chris, Pete and the Classic Jets Collection Team.

About the Vampire:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/De_Havilland_Vampire

About the Meteor:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gloster_Meteor

VEAO Pman (same thread)

Just to follow on to Chris' post above its a great day for DCS.

Work is beavering away on these aircraft already and I look forward to being able to show you some nice stuff goodies in the near future.

When the new sub forums are up I will do the normal Q&A etc so you can all ask those burning questions

Pman
My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).
Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5, & a bottle of Scotch.

Black

Re: Announcement: VEAO DCS Dehavilland Vampire & Gloster Met

Post by Black » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:09 pm

Still no P38 :x

Robo

Post by Robo » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:14 pm

Black wrote:Still no P38 :x
...but close enough.

Great news.

Random

Post by Random » Fri Sep 19, 2014 12:48 pm

Release dates look pretty soon too....

I have no idea how I'm supposed to learn all tgese modules

DavidRed

Post by DavidRed » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:41 pm

Black wrote:Still no P38 :x

im pretty confident leatherneck has one in their works.

Azref

Post by Azref » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:36 pm

Still no Lightning............... :(
Ask about ACG contraband, I can get what you need.

Bonkin

Post by Bonkin » Fri Sep 19, 2014 4:17 pm

Azref wrote:Still no Lightning............... :(
+1

But holy mo anyway! The future looks very positive for DCS.

Broadsword

Post by Broadsword » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:36 pm

It sure does. Does anyone know anything about any upcoming maps to use these things on? I know we have the Normandy '44 thing coming, but do we think we'll get Korea, Vietnam, Somewhere-in-Europe-During-The-Cold-War, Israel in '73, or maybe Central America to play in at some point?
I must go up to the skies again, to the peace of silent flight, To the gull’s way, and the hawk’s way, and the free wings’ delight;
And all I ask is a friendly joke with a laughing fellow rover, And a large beer, and a deep sleep, when the long flight’s over.

Bunny

Post by Bunny » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:48 pm

Wasn't it the Meteor that Baron flew? If so, he'd be perfect to test it out! Mind you - they'd need to include a nylons compartment in the cockpit to lure him in :)

“It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes I-16s.” - Douglas Adams

Random

Post by Random » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:29 am

Azref wrote:Still no Lightning............... :(
Well its on the list but I really hope its the next jet to be announced as under way. The mig is giving me my engine-with-wings fix for now.... But need MOAR POWAR!!!!!