server help request

Vintage realism

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

DavidRed

server help request

Post by DavidRed » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:05 pm

the most important feature we are currently still lacking, is the function that the server automatically restarts dcs once it crashes...
this leads inevitably to times when the server is offline for a few hours if not days.this is something we definitely should prevent from happening in the future.
a while ago i talked to Pman from VEAO as they have this function implemented for their Virtual Aerobatics server.he didnt go into detail, but he told me that they are running some kind of windows makro which detects whether the application is still running, and if not it automatically restarts it within 3minutes(this ensures that whenever the server crashes it will be online within the next 3minutes again)

i think this is an awesome feature and would go a long way...now unfortunately, i am just tooo stupid with such things.and i am not able to make this happen.now as ACG is a big group, i suspect that a few of you would have the knowledge to make this happen.

so basically this is a humble "help"! it would be greatly appreciated

theOden

Re: server help request

Post by theOden » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:28 am

Is this a possible solution?
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114361
(I can imagine you've read it already but just to dbl check)

Edit: What OS are we looking at?

DavidRed

Post by DavidRed » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:50 am

no i havent seen this yet!!!
well, ill have a read and see whether we can make use of it.if this is working than we owe you big time!
alhtough im terrible at understanding such witchcraft things...why cant things be as inuitive as flying aircraft?
server is running on w7 64bit

DavidRed

Post by DavidRed » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:08 pm

ok my brain riots at "you will need to..."

Pitti or anybody else who has a remote understanding could help out?

Mauf

Post by Mauf » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:13 am

The idea is actually pretty simple. You have two components, the Visual Basic script and the Autohotkey (.ahk) script.

The Visual Basic script checks whether DCS is running. If it can't find DCS running in the processes list, it'll start the .ahk script.

The .ahk script starts DCS and then mimics the inputs I assume are necessary to start the mission.
Run "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\bin\DCS.exe" --net-mode gui

sleep 20000
send {Enter}
Sleep, 10000
click, 654, 1020 left
Sleep, 10000
click, 1348, 449 left
Sleep, 10000
click, 1415, 1019 left
Exit

These are emulated mouseclicks on screen with x and y coordinates I guess (The formatting here seems strange, I guess this left part means "left mousebutton" but I would expect a , in front of that. Try it like in the example, if it doesn't work, try adding a , in front of left).

The hard part: you have to find out at what X and Y coordinates in pixels on the screen you need to click at your running resolution of DCS. Also, as mentioned in the thread, this stuff only works if DCS remains fullscreen and focussed all the time. Minimizing or unfocussing it will stop the script from working.

DavidRed

Post by DavidRed » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:08 am

Mauf wrote:... Also, as mentioned in the thread, this stuff only works if DCS remains fullscreen and focussed all the time. Minimizing or unfocussing it will stop the script from working.
well this is up to Nitrous, and whether he can live with the server machine beeig focused on dcs at all times.