DCS WWII - Multiplayer Trainer Mission

Vintage realism

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Goat

DCS WWII - Multiplayer Trainer Mission

Post by Goat » Sat Jan 17, 2015 6:29 pm

I created a training mission for the DCS WWII planes.

It features all of the available aircraft starting from the same base. It's not intended to be a full fledged combat mission with AI or anything fancy, just for small scale training.

The type of training for which this is intended:

1. Ramp start procedures
2. Taxi and takeoff
3. Engine and fuel management
4. Navigation
5. Weapons employment
6. Combat maneuvering and tactics
7. Formation flying
8. Emergency procedures
9. Landing

I've flown in all of the aircraft for quite a bit of time, so I can help anyone who is newer to the world of DCS WWII planes.

Please post in here if you're interested in spending some time in the air. We can coordinate something and get people comfortable in these amazing aircraft.

Javelina

Re: DCS WWII - Multiplayer Trainer Mission

Post by Javelina » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:15 pm

Buddy, I'd be happy to join up. Just to help out as well. Anyone needing help with the Kurfurst, you bet! For the moment, I'll stick to WWII, (K-4, Dora, and the Pony).

I've got the A-10C down pat, but don't fly her much now. Having to much fun with the WWII "stuff". :D

Good idea, and thanks!
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850P2 PSU, PointCTRL

Goat

Post by Goat » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:21 pm

If you ever feel like flying the A-10C again, let me know. I want to learn how to fly the Hawg.

As for the WWII planes, we can still hop into this mission to work on dogfighting. It's a skill at which you can never be good enough. The main reason I wanted to get something like this started is actually for dogfighting. People need to learn how to do the other stuff first, and I'm more than willing to help... but the real goal is the combat employment portion.

If you want to fight against some AI with an "Excellent" skill level, I can add them to the mission. Be advised, the AI is pretty good. Especially when they outnumber you.

Javelina

Post by Javelina » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:51 am

Bro,

what's your server name? you have ACG in the server handle? I'd like to fly as wing with you, even if it's against a bunch of AI bandits. Better than nothing.

I've been flying on the ACG/DCS WWII, (the one DavidRed rides herd on).

Gavangai also has a good DCS WWII server, (when it's online).

I prefer flying the K-4 over the Dora, but wish the K-4 carried more ammo. Maybe they'll come out with a Gustav variant at some point. ;)
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850P2 PSU, PointCTRL