I need some Fw-190D Help

Vintage realism

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Schmuck

I need some Fw-190D Help

Post by Schmuck » Sat Jun 06, 2015 9:23 am

I bought the Fw-190D in the sale and I've been flying it every night when I come home from work and I've truly fallen in love. I've gotten more than a handful of kills in it, she flies so well and the gun sight makes kills so much easier. The only thing I can't quite seem to master is how to properly evade enemy P-51's. It seems like if I don't get the jump on them first and they get on me, that's the end and I'm shot down. I've tried running away, climbing, can't turn with him. Every maneuver I do the Pony out does me, I need some help. If you could give me some help or a few tips that would be wonderful!
Last edited by Schmuck on Sun Jun 07, 2015 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robo

Re: I need some F2-190D Help

Post by Robo » Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:15 am

Schmuck wrote:I bought the Fw-190D in the sale and I've been flying it every night when I come home from work and I've truly fallen in love. I've gotten more than a handful of kills in it, she flies so well and the gun sight makes kills so much easier. The only thing I can't quite seem to master is how to properly evade enemy P-51's. It seems like if I don't get the jump on them first and they get on me, that's the end and I'm shot down. I've tried running away, climbing, can't turn with him. Every maneuver I do the Pony out does me, I need some help. If you could give me some help or a few tips that would be wonderful!
Don't turn with them, engage MW50 and just outrun them or outclimb them (or both). If it real trouble and enemy Mustang is on your 6 and guns range, then use your roll rate and outscissor him. Good pilot will kill you though.

Also, pick the altitude just below the Pony's 2nd supercharger gear kicks in. With practice and good throttle work, I find it possible to outturn the 51 in horizontal fight if it needs be. Depends on how much fuel he's got.

Bounder

Post by Bounder » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:57 pm

Robo wrote:Don't turn with them, engage MW50 and just outrun them or outclimb them (or both). If it real trouble and enemy Mustang is on your 6 and guns range, then use your roll rate and outscissor him.
What Robo said. The Dora will out-run, out-climb and out-scissor the P51, fly it a bit like an Emil against a Spit mkI. If you can, try and fly with Ironjockel and learn the dark arts from the master of the Dora :vadar: :lol:
My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).
Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5, & a bottle of Scotch.

Schmuck

Post by Schmuck » Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:39 am

That was a lot of help. I scored 3 player kills in one sortie and about 30 kills against the AI in 2 missions with my wing man over at 9./JG27 server, really great time! Thank's for the help I've been so swamped with work and life that I find barely enough time to practice these skills but I had today free and flew the whole day, I love this war bird!