-= ACG WW2 Server (EU) =-

Vintage realism

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

TBear0770

Re: -= ACG WW2 Server (EU) =-

Post by TBear0770 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:11 am

Maybe better this issue than no action.... :)

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:19 pm

I am not a big fan of the label thing myself and TBH i wont change the mission before we get the Normandy map.
Building WW2 stuff without correct units and map isn't fun and i guess we all know how things work out if you don't have fun doing them. But trust me i am already planning stuff for the server with the Normandy map on it. Pitti will probably help me by then as well. Just a little more patience.

I know spotting is hard, but you can see dots of enemy aircraft's over their airfield from your own.
Imposters are currently on large ;)
@Dave, how many player had been on the server, when you searched around?
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:44 pm

I dunno, must have been about 20 people, with many hugging the deck because you can't spot anything otherwise. There were a lot of complaints in the chat about it.

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:54 pm

Dave wrote:I dunno, must have been about 20 people, with many hugging the deck because you can't spot anything otherwise. There were a lot of complaints in the chat about it.
Well just yesterday Pitti and me flew around with the same amount of player and we had encounters at 3 k. Check if you have set imposter on large. But i think the server should overwrite your setting.
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton

Nitrous

Post by Nitrous » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:50 am

Imposters are not working anymore and have changed. It does not matter what the server or player sets their is just one setting that cannot be changed. Its been like this since the previous to last patch.

C'mon Jockel, you should know this.

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:04 am

I quite like how they are now, although I do think that your resolution plays a part in how useful the new system is, I play at 1080p and it works well enough although I know those at 1440p really do struggle

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:54 pm

Nitrous wrote:Imposters are not working anymore and have changed. It does not matter what the server or player sets their is just one setting that cannot be changed. Its been like this since the previous to last patch.

C'mon Jockel, you should know this.
Well if that is the case i can't do anything there anyway, do I?

Dave

Post by Dave » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:40 pm

Well I guess you're in charge of the show, but I have to say it's quite an ask to expect people to fill up a server that involves aimlessly flying around looking for dots for 20 minutes. Because with no AWACS, no GC, no labels, no on-board radar and no dedicated ground attack aircraft with actual targets, that's what tends to happen.

TBear0770

Post by TBear0770 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:12 pm

Excuse me...but actually the "imposters" stuff is not working anymore...as far as i know ED suspended this system and is working on a new way to improve spotting, that is actually work in progress and not implemented yet..

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=157129&page=30

Maybe the "label as dot" mod could be a good provisional solution till ED provides a definitive spotting system. In the other servers seem to work very fine, if U tweak it good ( level of grey colour for dot and adjusted distances where it becomes visible).
Sorry..its just a suggestion. I dont want to be invadent... ;) :angel: ....I'm not even a member of your group...but usually your servers are the ones I enjoy most :salute:

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:32 pm

TBear0770 wrote:Excuse me...but actually the "imposters" stuff is not working anymore...as far as i know ED suspended this system and is working on a new way to improve spotting, that is actually work in progress and not implemented yet..

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=157129&page=30

Maybe the "label as dot" mod could be a good provisional solution till ED provides a definitive spotting system. In the other servers seem to work very fine, if U tweak it good ( level of grey colour for dot and adjusted distances where it becomes visible).
Sorry..its just a suggestion. I dont want to be invadent... ;) :angel: ....I'm not even a member of your group...but usually your servers are the ones I enjoy most :salute:
I took a look at it and have to say this is the best solutions. Seeing the dots tough the cockpit is only possible if you know where you have to look and even then it extremely hard. I'm gonna change it. :salute: