Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Coopes
Major
Major
ACG Board
contributor

Re: -= ACG WW2 Server (EU) =-

Post by Coopes » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:05 am

me and a few others were experiencing high lagging of planes. my ping was 37 and planes were wizing around everywhere

Rowns

Post by Rowns » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:41 am

I did just try to fly but it was to dark to see anything.

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:02 pm

Coopes wrote:me and a few others were experiencing high lagging of planes. my ping was 37 and planes were wizing around everywhere
I set the ping limit to 350 so our aussi mates can join again. Unfortunately that means people with high pings can cause these laggs.
Rowns wrote:I did just try to fly but it was to dark to see anything.
Was it night or what?
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton

Rowns

Post by Rowns » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:17 pm

Yea it was night.

Nitrous

Post by Nitrous » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:28 am

Jockel, both times that I experienced high lag on the server was when there were more than 60 players on the server. I first checked both times that there were no high pings as you have spoke about above and the highest was 138 with the majority around the 70-80 mark. Please reduce the Max number of players to this amount(60) to avoid people being deterred from using the server.

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:40 pm

Nitrous wrote:Jockel, both times that I experienced high lag on the server was when there were more than 60 players on the server. I first checked both times that there were no high pings as you have spoke about above and the highest was 138 with the majority around the 70-80 mark. Please reduce the Max number of players to this amount(60) to avoid people being deterred from using the server.
I'm giving it a shot.

But remember: I experienced lagging and warping yesterday on the Burning Skies server as well.

Plus some rough statistics from yesterday when both DCS servers were running during the Gentleman flying club:
-around 30 - 40 players on the Cold war server
-around 30 on the WW2 server
I think 15 to 20 played clod.
The upload was at 6 Mbit. That's a piece of cake for our server. (we have a 100Mbit upload)
process and RAM usage were both on 20 %.

The server's hardware is not and probably will never be the bottleneck. :salute:
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton

Nitrous

Post by Nitrous » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:44 pm

IronJockel wrote:
Nitrous wrote:Jockel, both times that I experienced high lag on the server was when there were more than 60 players on the server. I first checked both times that there were no high pings as you have spoke about above and the highest was 138 with the majority around the 70-80 mark. Please reduce the Max number of players to this amount(60) to avoid people being deterred from using the server.
I'm giving it a shot.

But remember: I experienced lagging and warping on rhe Burning Skies server yesterday on the Burning Skies server aswell.
Plus some rough statistics from yesterday when both DCS servers where running during the Gentleman flying club:
-around 30 - 40 players on the Cold war server
-around 30 on the WW2 server
I think 15 to 20 played clod.
The upload was at 6 Mbit. That's a piece of cake for our server. (we have a 100Mbit upload)
process and RAM usage were both on 20 %.

The server's hardware is not and probably will never be the bottleneck. :salute:
Agreed Jockel.

The burning skies server seems to only suffer from slight lagging when the max players is reached or someone with a high ping joins.

I think it is more of a case of the Net Code of DCS.

Thanks bud.

Dave

Post by Dave » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:47 pm

Just an idea that some of us were discussing the other day - I know it's not strictly speaking realistic (however, neither is flying WW2 planes over modern Georgia after all), but have you considered adding an AWACS to both sides? More to simulate ground-based control which DCS lacks (hopefully that changes with Normandy, but we'll see), since one of the biggest issues atm is finding other aircraft to fight. I flew with Schmuck and Biggs and some others the other night, and we easily spent 70-80% of our time circling around not finding any contacts, even after agreeing on a meet-up point. Being able to call for vectors to the nearest enemy plane the way we already can in Cliffs of Dover would reduce a lot of frustration I think.

TBear0770

Post by TBear0770 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:17 pm

Your servers are my favourite and I'm happy to see that the WWII one is now online with Spits :)

Can I humbly suggest to use the "dot label" mod (https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/270020/), to improve spotting? In other servers seems working fine, if well tuned.

Thanks for attention,

TBear

Dave

Post by Dave » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:09 am

^Problem with that is you can see the "dots" through your own cockpit floor. Not a fan myself...