Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Boyezee

Re: -= ACG WW2 Server (EU) =-

Post by Boyezee » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:39 pm

Thanks LuSi_6, I will give it a go :nice:

Boyezee

Post by Boyezee » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:29 pm

Tried it this evening and it certainly offers an improvement, in particular when zooming in you don't lose the contact which for me was often the case before.

I just really hope that ED nail this issue in time for DCS WW2 - it is such a fundamental part that needs improving.

Vanguard

Post by Vanguard » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:08 am

Been flying on the server regularly in the past few days (thanks for hosting it Jockel, it's great fun) but I agree with Coopes, the AI is getting annoying.

Off the top of my head, I can think of six specific situations in the past two days where the AI break off from their Luftberry to interrupt a dogfight that I'm having with a player for better or worse. I don't think anything can be done about their behaviour but is there any chance of lowering their numbers? They do get quite obnoxious barging in and following a player to their demise in their predictable manoeuvering patterns.

Again, thankyou for the amazing server :nice:

The pilot shall be considered to have above-average intelligence and normal (average) common sense.

NATOPS A1-F18AC-NFM-000, Preface, p. 55.

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:12 pm

Vanguard wrote:Been flying on the server regularly in the past few days (thanks for hosting it Jockel, it's great fun) but I agree with Coopes, the AI is getting annoying.

Off the top of my head, I can think of six specific situations in the past two days where the AI break off from their Luftberry to interrupt a dogfight that I'm having with a player for better or worse. I don't think anything can be done about their behaviour but is there any chance of lowering their numbers? They do get quite obnoxious barging in and following a player to their demise in their predictable manoeuvering patterns.

Again, thankyou for the amazing server :nice:

I will get to it and some other things as soon as i figured out what is breaking the mission script.

I'm glad you enjoying it :)
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:26 pm

New Mission online.
Feel free to provide feedback and pls report funny things.
Enjoy
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton

Mauf

Post by Mauf » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:18 pm

Reminder: Test Despawn/Respawn flak every 15min to get around outofammo/flak not firing bug

LuSi_6

Post by LuSi_6 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:01 pm

the new mission is very nice!

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:54 pm

Hi folks,
Pitti and me are away.
So if the server crashes don't expect it to be online again before sunday evening. I did some tweaks to the mission that hopefully improved the servers stabillity.

Cheers.

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:03 pm

Spitfire is now included on the server!
Enjoy

Brigg

Post by Brigg » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:19 pm

Awesome thanks IronJockel :nice: