AGC Modpack- something goes wrong

Vintage realism

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Kondor

AGC Modpack- something goes wrong

Post by Kondor » Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:25 am

Hi Guys,
I've downloaded and installed (via JSGME, of course) the modpack from here: http://aircombatgroup.co.uk/forum/viewt ... =77&t=4109. The problem is that each time I try to hop in to the cockpit and fly, I get this error message:
It's obviously related to ACG Modpack, when I disable it in JSGME, everything is back to normal. I've got only two mods in the manager- ACG Modpack and 104th Terrain Textures Package- so it wasn't that hard to figure out what is causing problem.
Any idea what is going on and how can I bypass the obstacle?
Thanks for any help you could provide.

EDIT:
I see photobucket went dumb and decided to downgrade the quality of every image I upload.
Anyway, the error message reads:

DX11Renderer - Error
Shader "bazar/shaders/effects/PFXSmoke2.fx" failed to compile.
Reason:
warning X4717: Effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47
D:\Gry\EagleDynamics\DCSWorld\bazar\shaders\effects\PFXSmoke2.fx(7,2-19): DX9 state
'MipFilter' is not suported in fx_5_0; convert to 'FILTER' or use
compatibility mode to ignore
"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, He will not fail you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

Falcon

Re: AGC Modpack- something goes wrong

Post by Falcon » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:45 am

To my knowledge the modpack is outdated. If my memory serves me well it was to improve spotting in DCS 1.2
Turn like the devil, shoot straight from the sun
Climb like a monkey out of hell where I belong

Kondor

Post by Kondor » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:06 am

Thanks, Falcon. If that's the case, does ACG WW2 server require any particular mods to fly on it?
"Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the Lord your God is the one who goes with you, He will not fail you or forsake you."
Deuteronomy 31:6

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:51 pm

This Modpack was pre 1.5.
No more mods needed.
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton

Lofty

Post by Lofty » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:47 pm

Hi Jockel,
Do the DCS virgins amongst us need any additional software to be able to fly on our server?
I have recently bought DCS2 and have been flying offline but would prefer to fly online on our server but can't find the ACG server on the multiplayer list. When I typed in the server address directly it said I needed an additional terrain pack but I couldn't find where to locate that.
Keen to get that Dora in the air.
Thanks
Lofty

Falcon

Post by Falcon » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:03 pm

I may not be Jockel, but anyway:

Right now there's three different versions of DCS 1.5 stable and open beta as the 2.0 open alpha. Until 2.5 will get released everything with 1.5 is the caucasus map our server is also running on. 2.0 is only the Nevada map. Depending which version you're running you will get a different set of servers since you're limited to one map.

So to fly on our server I'm afraid you'd have to download 1.5 (stable I believe is what the server runs on. But that's really a question for Jockel now)
Turn like the devil, shoot straight from the sun
Climb like a monkey out of hell where I belong

Lofty

Post by Lofty » Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:36 am

Ah, I see.
Thanks Falcon.

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:29 am

The server runs on stable / 1.5
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton