ACG MiG-21 vs F-5E

Threats, foreign wars and an arms race in the skies

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Alpenwolf

ACG MiG-21 vs F-5E

Post by Alpenwolf » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:15 pm

Hi,

just signed up and wanted to say hallo. Spoke with Dickie and received a welcoming invitation to register here so I can help designing missions for the current and only cold war server on DCS.

Cheers!

Double

Re: ACG MiG-21 vs F-5E

Post by Double » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:30 pm

Welcome. Always great to see new talent joining the ranks. Going to be doing CLoD with us also?

:salute: DS
"I hate being bipolar, it's fucking awesome!

Alpenwolf

Post by Alpenwolf » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:47 am

Double wrote:Welcome. Always great to see new talent joining the ranks. Going to be doing CLoD with us also?

Not at the moment because I'm very much into DCS but maybe later.

:salute:

Javelina

Post by Javelina » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:16 am

Alpenwolf wrote:
Double wrote:Welcome. Always great to see new talent joining the ranks. Going to be doing CLoD with us also?

Not at the moment because I'm very much into DCS but maybe later.

:salute:
Catch ya on the ACG / DCS servers then M8! :salute:

I'm a MiG-15/21 driver... :D :lux: :hi:
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, RTX3090FE, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Reverb G2, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, EVGA 850P2 PSU, PointCTRL

Sprite

Post by Sprite » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:34 am

Thanks for all the work you're putting into these missions, alpenwolf! Looking forward to trying them out! Have, hit me up, I'm down to fly fishbeds!

Alpenwolf

Post by Alpenwolf » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:27 pm

Sprite wrote:Thanks for all the work you're putting into these missions, alpenwolf! Looking forward to trying them out! Have, hit me up, I'm down to fly fishbeds!
Thanks, buddy! Unfortunately the server still lacks some stability, autoroation between the currently 3 missions and autorestart. Lost contact with IronJockel over the last 4-5 days. Hope he gets those things done soon.

Doughboy

Post by Doughboy » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:06 pm

Thanks For this server, it is my Favorite server to Fly. Wish there was a way to get the numbers up. Again many thanks'
DB

carss

Post by carss » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:51 am

I have a suggestion for the Cold war server. Since this is going to be a cold war scenario with multiple countries participating and there is going to be a mix of different countries and planes. Why not add more to the mix for fun. Here's what I mean........

When you create a new mission or if you modify the current one, why not use other countries as well?

For instance, for the F-5E, on the blue side you can use Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Spain, Norway etc. Whereas for the F-5Es on the red side you can add Iran instead of Russia as it's not exactly realistic.

Similar thing can be done for the Mig-21, for the blue side you can add India (with the appropriate paint scheme). Whereas for the red side you can add Iran, China, Insurgents, North Korea and more along with Russia.

This provides more use and variety of those awesome new factions we have plus. It also adds realism and even helps in identifying friendlies from enemies.

However in the case of certain planes like the Mig-21. All the paint schemes are there for all the countries unlike BST neatly arranging it's paint schemes among the countries respectively making them more realistic. So in the case of the Mig-21s, you will have to choose the paint scheme meticulously for each country you set them for.

But I really hope this can happen is it'll be so much fun Really thought it was a great idea for this