350 ping limit

Threats, foreign wars and an arms race in the skies

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

RydnDirty

350 ping limit

Post by RydnDirty » Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:07 am

Hi, This server is my favorite thing and been on it a lot but today the enforced ping limit of 350 means me and my friends in Australia and Asia can't play any more. Australian ping is about 366 usually.

I've been flying in formation with US and Europeans players for months none of us have seen any warping. I suspect the warping is from packet loss more than from high ping.... People trying to play on a crappy wireless connection. Shame you don't host on a US server so anywhere in the world would be under 250 ping. Are you really going to ban us all from now on?

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Re: 350 ping limit

Post by Dickie » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:58 am

Jockel, please comment.

My point of view is that ping limit should be at least 400 because of our antipodeans.

Maffers

Post by Maffers » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:43 am

I'm in Vietnam and i have the same problem, I've never experienced any in server lagging or such, but suddenly I'm banned from my favorite server. I really hope that you will reconsider this.

Kultteri

Post by Kultteri » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:46 am

RydnDirty wrote:Hi, This server is my favorite thing and been on it a lot but today the enforced ping limit of 350 means me and my friends in Australia and Asia can't play any more. Australian ping is about 366 usually.

I've been flying in formation with US and Europeans players for months none of us have seen any warping. I suspect the warping is from packet loss more than from high ping.... People trying to play on a crappy wireless connection. Shame you don't host on a US server so anywhere in the world would be under 250 ping. Are you really going to ban us all from now on?
I can confirm that he has never been warping on my screen flying with him. Packet loss is always the issue when it comes to warping, though very very rarely seen that on your server even before the ping limit.

I'd say that the ping limit is not a good thing as it limits so many people from playing.

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:52 pm

I agree mate. Ping limits are for those huge pings where there is a problem, not for global play.

Ironjockel will be along to comment in a minute.

IronJockel

Post by IronJockel » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:05 pm

ping limit set to 450
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton

Maffers

Post by Maffers » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:32 pm

That's great, thanks so much!