No Viggen on red team please.

Threats, foreign wars and an arms race in the skies

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

RydnDirty

No Viggen on red team please.

Post by RydnDirty » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:07 am

Hi I was really happy to see Battle of Sakumi map in rotation again. It the best map in my opinion. Thanks very much for putting it in rotation again.

I did see however that there was viggens on both teams. One of my favorite things about the cold war server is that the teams have different aircraft and a visual ID is a solid way to IFF. I know many other cold war pilots LOVE that about cold war server. Please don't start making missions like 104th does.

The F5 Tiger has no IFF so now they will shoot down their friendly Viggens .So all the Tiger pilot don't like the red viggen.

The Mig 21 is has to give up the element of surprise, turn on the radar and IFF . Mean while the perfect sneaky IR shot is lost and the viggen goes into a hard turn that the Mig 21 might not win. All the Mig21 don't like the red viggen.

Blue viggen don't have IFF either so they'll be shooting at al Viggens they see and the blue Viggen getting shot down by tigers don't like the Red viggen.

It hurts the whole red team when somebody flys a red viggen cause now we all have to turn on and radars and risk our lives for their sake.

Everyone is just gonna start shooting at any viggen they see and say "sorry" later if it was friendly. And I can't blame them.

The Mig21 can do anti ship mission with Grom. I'm sure many of the COLD WAR server fans would rather you balanced the map by giving the blue team ships that the MIg21 armed with Groms can kill and give the Red team ships that the Viggen can kill with it's anti ship weapons.

If that means the Blue team has more power ships than the red team then so be it.
Please no red viggen.

IronJockel

Re: No Viggen on red team please.

Post by IronJockel » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:39 pm

Done
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton

philstyle

Post by philstyle » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:30 am

Thanks for this IronJockel.
I read this thread and also wanted to support the OP, but only recalled my ACG login details today.

Being able to identify friend aircraft from foe visually is critical to folks like me (dfor various reasons). It's a real disincentive to fly on servers that offer similar-or-same planesets for both sides. I'm very much looking to get my Viggen on your server a bit more as DCS settles into the 2.5 merge (fingers crossed).

Miller

Post by Miller » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:38 pm

Good decision. Thanks!