Server Crashes

Threats, foreign wars and an arms race in the skies

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

comie1

Server Crashes

Post by comie1 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Hi guys..

Was wondering if we could have a discussion regarding server restarts?
It's no secret that multiplayer servers take a beating and the Cold War server is no different.
Crashes happen on almost every mission rotation.
To my understanding IronJokel is the only admin with the ability to restart the server?
I frequenter PM him on TS (sorry dude ;) ) when hes around to try and help with keeping the server running.
The problem lies when Ironjokel isn't available which means the server is down most of the day.
I know ACG is an IL2 group and the DCS server is a luxury side project we are lucky to have but it's currently it's the 2nd-3rd most popular server when up.
There are many respectful people who fly on the server a lot, not to mention Alpenwolf who I'd like to thank again for the huge amount of work hes done on the missions. From making new missions (I think we have 6-8 when there was just 1 before) to maintaining them throughout the copious DCS patches. :salute:
These guys are more than willing to help you guys out wherever possible and I'd like to propose a solution to server restarts if possible?
Be it on a trail basis or supervised basis, I believe there is nothing to loose.
I've no intention in rocking any boats and hope you guys see this as an opportunity over meddling.
:B:

AcidMind

Re: Server Crashes

Post by AcidMind » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:06 pm

Hello guys,

ACG ColdWar DCS server is reason i fly DCS. I spend at least 2-3 hours on it every day, so when its offline, i`m bummed, and lately I`m bummed very often. I know the reason for down time is new DCS version and patches, and it will probably be like so `till its stabilized, but I really feel bad about having to hassle IronJockel every time the server is down (lately we have been drawing a straw on who`s gonna contact him for server issues).

As Comie1 said already, it is second or third most popular DCS World server even with all the issues its having in administration, inability to kick intentional team killers and malicious players in due time and long down times in peak hours.

We are very grateful for opportunity to fly on ACG Cold War, but we would be even more grateful if it was to be better quality experience. It would also be interesting to host some organized events like "Red Flag" and use ACG Forum to apply for participation, It would certainly get more traffic towards ACG Forums and web site. Maybe also some new IL2 pilots and members.

But for all this, we need more admins with ability to change missions and restart DCS world application on server. I`m sure we can muster some trustworthy and responsible people that are regular on Cold War.

Thanks ;)

eVo

Post by eVo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:18 pm

Hi all

I'm relaivly "new" to the ACG ColdWar DCS, but it has become my goto DCS server for shure! its a great server and i absolutly love it! :D

i regulary play with comie1 and AcidMind and i just want to give my sopport to thise posts above, the server is great, but needs faster fixes when its down.

i got to say AcidMind has a good point of trying to get orginized events going i think a lot of the refular players would join in for that!

Keep up the great work !

Kraut

Post by Kraut » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:51 pm

I'm willing to help, it's always down during the limited times I have to fly :(

AcidMind

Post by AcidMind » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:18 pm

Its now been more than 20 hours that server is out of function... :(

Kildren

Post by Kildren » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:02 pm

this every time i try to play on it's down

Speak to me about joining the ACG Pilots Union

comie1

Post by comie1 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:15 pm

Servers down. Consistently hangs on mission rotation to Springfield. Might be worth removing that mission for now?

comie1

Post by comie1 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:12 pm

Servers down, not sure if it went on at all yesterday.

AcidMind

Post by AcidMind » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:52 pm

comie1 wrote:Servers down, not sure if it went on at all yesterday.

Yesterday it was offline whole day.. It just came back 15 mins ago

Dickie
Group Captain
Group Captain
ACG Board
contributor

Post by Dickie » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:29 pm

Kildren wrote:this every time i try to play on it's down

Wanna help admin it?