AWACS issue

Threats, foreign wars and an arms race in the skies

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Maffers

AWACS issue

Post by Maffers » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:24 am

Hello

Love the server guys, however since the latest DCS update the AWACS doesn't respawn. The last 5 times I've been on the server someone has shot down red AWACS and then nobody can find each other, all the reds quit the server and it is ruined until it next rotates. Then invariably someone shoots down the AWACS again and the cycle starts again.

I know that it's not realistic to have an invulnerable plane, but for the sake of the server, until the script that respawns it after 15 minutes works again, I think it is needed.

Of course the best outcome would be for all the morons who shoot down the AWACS to leave and go and fly the jets in Battlefield where they belong, but miracles rarely happen.

IronJockel

Re: AWACS issue

Post by IronJockel » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:22 am

Awacs does re-spawn, just not forever.
I had been telling Hitler for over a year, since my first flight in an Me-262, that only Focke Wulf Fw-190 fighter production should continue in conventional aircraft, to discontinue the Me-109, which was outdated, and to focus on building a massive jet-fighter force. - Galland
Any idiot could fly a Spitfire, but it took a lot of training to fly a 109. - Gerald Stapleton

Maffers

Re: AWACS issue

Post by Maffers » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:53 am

Thanks for the reply IronJockel - I'm aware that it should respawn after 15 minutes but I think that since the last patch it has stopped doing so. I could be wrong of course but I don't want to test it by shooting it down to see. As I said before, the last load of times I've flown on the server there has been no red awacs. I suppose it is possible that I've been really unlucky and it has already been shot down multiple times before I joined but that seems unlikely.