Insurgency and borderless global conflict

Moderators: Board of Directors, Command

Redeye

TO ALL PILOTS INTERESTED IN MODERN CONFLICT, F-15,Su27 etc

Post by Redeye » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:43 am

ACG-DCS Modern Conflict "Newsletter"
November 2014.

Good day all pilots!

I would like to clarify a little, because we have had quite a few people dropping by asking to participate while we are flying our coop- campaign. However, I think a little clear information in this regard is needed. Please read on:

Squadrons:
F-15c Eagle squadron (Need name, number etc): Currently administered by Redeye
Su-27 Flanker squadron (Need name, number etc) Currently administered by Schmuck
Mig-21 Fishbed squadron (Need name, number etc) Currently administered by Random

1. GENERAL PHILOSOPHY:
The modern conflict activities are meant as a nice distraction and a complementary experience to ACG. ACG is off course and will off course continue to be focused around WW2 combat and Cliffs of Dover. Activites in Modern Conflict will NEVER interefere with primary ACG activites which always comes first.

The atmosphere is very relaxed and friendly here, as always in ACG, but modern systems do require some tutoring before participating in certain events, such as the F-15 campaign. That is why we have a very humble training requirement for some activities. See below for training.

2. The Modern Conflict F-15 COOP campaign:
This campaign is NOT designed at a multipayer Red vs Blue, but as a COOP vs AI with focus on objectives/immersion rather than kills/scores. Currently we have around 5-8 active pilots.

Time: From now on: Mondays at 20.00

WHO IS IT OPEN TO?: F-15 pilots who know all basics of startup, takeoff, landing and basic combat operations. We are not providing training IN the camp, because it takes away the immersion and frankly it is not doable. We have more than enough on our hands just trying to surive.

Also, because of mission limitations, we allow for some 4-8 pilots depending on the mission. We have our own BRIEFING and SIGNUP thread for each mission. First come, first serve.

BUT: You are MORE THAN WELCOME TO JOIN US after you have joined me for some very basic training. SEE BELOW.

3: TRAINING
You are free to train yourself up to the very basic standards required to join the campaign. However, training with others is a hell of a lot more fun, and you learn a lot more. We have had great fun training for the F-15, and Schmuck is setting up training around an Su-27 squadron as well.

DO YOU WANT TO LEARN THE BASICS WITH ME? Send me a PM. I will round up whoever is interested and teach you the basics over 2-3 lessons. Recommended!

AND GET THIS: Shark, a new member, turns out to be a real F-15 vet! He is going to help me putting together a seminar on operating procedures, tactics and coms at a date to be decided! Watch the forums!

4. Multiplayer
A lot of Su-27 Flanker pilots drop by, asking why the can't just be cannon fodder for us in the campaign;) FOR NOW- the missions are designed for COOP, BUT: When a operational FLanker Squadron of 4 + pilots are active- you are more than welcome to join with the F-15's. Up until then: recruit, get together and do your own mission. Scmuck and Toxic are currently working on this. When the COOP campaign ends in a few weeks- We'd be happy so set up a multiplayer campaign in its stead.

IMPORTANT: I hope this is not seen as me trying to tell you how to play your game. It most certainly is not. Do what you like and have fun- I simply just want to get everyone informed of the activities as they are organised at this point in time.

5. Other AC
Do you fly the A-10c and Mig 29 or 21? A lot of others do too! Band up, have fun, and should you form groups around any modern AC you can and will be invited for future events!

Feel free to ask any questions in the thread or by PM.

Have a great weekend drinking and flying!

Redeye out!